"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Forgetting to Remember

Just wasn't feeling it this morning! The husband was still up after 11pm making it REALLY difficult to sleep with the TV and lights on. I crawled out of bed at 8am. I decided to read the WORD and run later. And that is what I did. I made a cup of coffee, grabbed my bible and went out to the porch to have a few minutes of serenity.
After reading and coming inside I got this crazy burst of energy to GO. Just like that I decided to hurry up and get dressed and go for my run at 9:45!

Well right before I left the house I remembered I FORGOT to eat! Wanting to have already left, I quickly grabbed a piece of raisin bread with peanut butter smeared on it and left with it still in my throat.

Today was a TEMPO RUN. 7 miles TOTAL. First mile warm up, and next 5 at race pace then finishing it off with last mile cool down.

I knew there was going to be a problem at Mile 2. I could feel myself shaky from not eating and running hard. I started to pray and ask God to give me strength to finish this important training run out.
I was already nervous about running so hard. The nerves are derived from fear of the pain involved and wanting to accomplish the goal. I knew I was going to have to push myself to the limits and I just wasn't sure if I had it in me. I really wanted to do this training run and do it right.
No CHEATING
No SHORT CUTS.
Now I was concerned about my sugar dropping.

THE RUNDOWN
Mile 1: Slow and steady. ave pace 8:30's-
Mile 2: Kicking it into gear, average pace 7:20 Feeling pretty good, trying not to think about my sugar.
Mile 3: Maintained the pace. Trying to stay relaxed and calm. "Maybe it is just nerves....steady and calm."
Mile 4: Took 1 minute and walked. Then, out of the gate again I took off. Still on pace.
Mile 5: Starting to get concerned. Feeling a bit shaky. Praying to God to help me finish & not on the roadside!
Actually walked at 5.30 miles for another minute. Breathing and relaxing. Finished strong that mile.
Mile 6: The walk break gave me the energy and strength to follow all the way through. But my legs felt like JELLO. I couldn't have encountered one pot hole or crevice as I would probably not recover from it in the condition I was in...I Just kept thinking you are all most there....
Mile 7: YEAH!!!! "Bring it down Girl.. Breath...Catch your breath but keep going this is your last mile."

Today's Diet:
COFFEE
Raisin Bread with Peanut butter
Oatmeal..Steel cut with golden and regular raisins, walnuts, flax seed, wheat germ butter milk &Brown sugar
Half WW English muffin tsp butter
Cup Of Kefir
Fresh tomatoes
Tomato sandwich on W Wheat
1 cup cottage cheese
yogurt
Enchiladas
Juice plus

.Extras "Most people run to get in shape, others get in shape to RUN"!
Sit up, planks and lunges I finished right before bed.
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment