"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, August 7, 2011

A little Piece of me..."Jamie"


But wherever they go, and whatever happens to them on the way, in that enchanted place on the top of the forest, a little Boy and his Bear will always be playing.
Winnie-the-Pooh  

I can't remember the exact day or moment I became friends with Jamie Ladd. All I knew was this was a new school and I was very awkward. 
Middle School. A time of change and experience. A time when it feels like you are going to explode from all the sensations surrounding you or you just want to be invisible and hide from it all.
It was 7th grade somewhere sometime. But this I remember. I remember sitting under a table with Jamie leading me to the Lord. I remember going to her house every Wednesday and Sunday for church. From youth group outings to Old Fashion Tent revivals we did them together. She recruited not just me but also Holly and Nikki to all her church functions. It was the 4 of us. We did so much together.


I went the most. Often not asking my mom, maybe a phone call here or there but my mom just knew I was going to church and she didn't ask any more questions. I would go to any one's house as long as I didn't have to be at mine. So I guess it was a good thing "Jamie" was calling. God was setting up a plan in my life way before I knew it.
The four of us did everything together. I met Andy at camp with Jamie when I was 15! That was part of Gods Plan. 
I believe we "Entertain Angels Unaware" 
"Jamie" gathered me into her family and brought me along for everything. 
She was CRAZY! Absolutely BOY CRAZY. She was flirty and charismatic, obnoxious and hyper. That sounds like a exaggerated version of myself that is why I am sure we got a long so well. You never knew what she was going to do or say. She got in all kinds of trouble. Most of the trouble Jamie was involved in "BOYS" were the common denominator. 
I never got into the trouble the other 3 got in to. 
I had the most dysfunctional home and got in the least amount of trouble. 
Still haven't figured out how that one worked. I think I just waited because I still made my fare share of mistakes I just made them at a different season of life.
"Jamie" left Michigan our senior year. We stayed in contact the last 17 years. 
We are different people. Our lives have been subject to many different circumstances. 
My life has acquired some bad events, some uncontrollable but many others were birthed from bad choices.  
"Jamie" came in this week for a few days. Andy was out of town with the boys. The timing was perfect.She spent the night with me Friday night staying up till 1AM. Such sweet time. It reminded me of the old sleepovers we would have.  We laughed and cried. I shared my love of Christ to her. She looked at me like I was foreign. I was not the girl she remembered at 15.  How did the roles change? As an adolescent I wanted to have her family. I wanted her life. It was like the perfect family unit. Her family was like the Waltons and mine was like something right out of Jerry Springer. And now today she still has a beautiful family but she was looking at me, studying me, asking me questions. 
We layed in bed with the hymns of DAVID CROWDER playing. Closing our eyes we allowed the lyrics to soak deep into our hearts. The lyrics whispering Gods sovereignty , reminding us of his strength, power and love. Gently acknowledging HE is God of Love, God of Hope.....
Through music and matter I felt our friendship move closer regardless of the miles that separate us...
"For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up." Eccl 4:10


THE Run Down:
Ran 6 miles with Andy today. We were both hoping for rain but just got teased with a few drops and a dark sky. 


DINNER RECIPE: Chinese Chicken Peanut 

2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 head roughly chopped iceberg lettuce 
2/3 cup chow mien noodles
1/3 cup canned water chestnuts
4 tablespoons peanut oil
3 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
3 tablespoons  seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoons lite soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4cup dry roasted peanuts
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
3 pita breads halved (if you want sandwich form)

In a large bowl, mix together chicken, carrots, lettuce, chow mien noodles and water chestnuts. Set aside.
To make dressing: In separate bowl, mix together peanut oil peanut butter rice vinegar, soy sauce and sugar till smooth. Stir in peanuts and green onions. Pour dressing over salad and toss well. 
Eat as a salad or fill pita pockets.

This is my families favorite salad. The boys always eat seconds and ask why I do not make it more often! 
If you make it tell me what you think!


No comments:

Post a Comment