"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, July 11, 2019

Do you BELIEVE?

"For every ailment under the sun, there is a remedy, or there is none. If there be one, try to find it; if there is non, never mind it.-Mother Goose
My double A's were never the "Apple of my eye" 
This cancer can have them, I want LIFE. 


*I have received my recent lab results to share with you. 

*Sunday I ran 10 miles.
*Monday I ran 14 miles. 
*Monday I had a blood draw at 10am, DIRECTLY after running, within 30 minutes from the time I finished. 
* The last time time a couple weeks ago I had my blood draw after a long run my labs were very very bad. 
* My DR. purposely orders these blood draws after my long run to monitor my bodies response to this stresser. 
* We never expected to see good results, but we are always hoping the results will allow me to continue to run. 

LAB RESULTS: 
"Good Morning Nita, so how far did you run this morning?" 
Giggling and somewhat bashful I respond, "14 miles!" 
My vampire, as she calls herself responds as she is putting my needle in my arm, "Girl you are so good!"  And then adds "Why are you shaking?"
I had vomit of the mouth as I responded with transparency "I sucked down a protein smoothie trying to fudge my numbers!" 
Together we just laughed. 

Tuesday Morning my lab results came in. 
Andy was analyzing them. I was scared to ask. 
My last lab draw they were talking about a blood transfusion and skipping treatment. My hemoglobin dropped to a 9 and all my chemistry results were a hot mess. 
"Anita, your numbers are amazing! I can't believe this. Your hemoglobin is 11.5. Let me check your chemistry, that's what really matters." Andy was very focused. 
I was smiling from ear to ear, "REALLY?! How are those numbers?"
"These look great, everything is good....." 
I wanted to dance, sing and SHOUT, "TAKE THAT CANCER, YOU SUCK, I AM WINNING!"

IF you DON'T READ ANY OF MY GARBLE, PLEASE READ THIS.....
THIS IS A Result of PRAYER, FAITH and LOVE. 
Rachel must have text me 3 times telling me she was praying. I get text messages everyday,  "Anita, I am PRAYING for you." 
These number looked better than the numbers of a HEALTHY person running 14 miles with a back to back 10 miler in the heat. 
MY NUMBERS were a MIRACLE. 

"He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge;" Psalms 91:4
This is the Beautiful Bowl from Linda K. It is a prayer Bowl. It is from Compassion International. It comes with little prayer cards. 

"For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there.'  and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you." Matthew 17:20
I am asking everyday for your PRAYERS. This is WHY. Because together we get to be part of a MIRACLE. God LOVES me, in my brokenness, in my mess, in my mistakes HE still LOVES me and wants the DESIRES of my heart. He wants to give me LIFE ABUNDENTLY. He is MY FATHER, full of Love, Mercy and Grace. 
GOD did NOT give ME Cancer. 
But God can Heal me and wants to bless me in this journey. I am so humbled that a nobody like me is a SOMEBODY to HIM. 
GOD gave me a MIRACLE through PRAYER, faith and love. God Heard your Prayers, Thank YOU, thank YOU everyone for loving me and praying for me. 
"Jesus turned and seeing her said, "Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well..."  Matthew 9:22
Thank you Becky V. and North Goodland Baptist Church. 



"Its Just Another Marathon" 
Wednesday was round 2 of 12. 
Aunt Lois sends me a card with every treatment and each treatment is another Mile, mile 6! 
My anxiety wasn't too bad. It was a lot better than the wait for a chair! Almost 2 hours we had to wait. The DR. got to the office late and because Tuesday they were closed (they had no Dr.s) so every chair was full. But I didn't mind waiting, what else did I have planned for the day?!
"April" was my nurse, we actually went to the same school together. We have a mutual friend "Angie", such a small world. 
"April" and "Tammy" were both running around but never quit smiling. That's why I love my nurses, they are my angels. 
After April heard I didn't wake up for 14 hours she laughed, I told her how the receptionist was laughing at how Andy had to walk me out last week. I looked drunk stumbling out of the clinic with enough Benydryl to knock out an elephant. 
"Anita, I am going to cut your dose down from a 50 to a 25 and run it slow." This is why I love these girls, they are always trying to make my treatments better. 
Even though I still cashed out and my legs were still flailing it was so much BETTER. 
**She also recommend me to purchase Prilosec to help me with the bloating and acid. 
I actually awoke at the end of my treatment and felt pretty alert. Mom brought me a smoothie and some Verners, I sucked them both down and felt great.  
Andy kept looking at me, studying me. He could tell this tweak was already better. 
*I still slept when I got home but only a couple hours! 
HOWEVER, a crazy turn of events, I couldn't sleep at bedtime! I was still having twitchy legs at 2 am. I had taken 3 Pm's at that point and I was WIDE awake.   
Regardless, no complaints. It is part of this race I am in. I just have to keep running the course. And Run it, Glorifying God in each Mile. 



Mother Goose, that remedy is Prayer and Faith. You can search all the world and never feel fulfilled. But Prayer and Faith In God allows us to Move Mountains and Never Quit Believing in Miracles. So Blessed that I am a witness to His Miracles. 

Special thanks to Andy for his knowledge and understanding of all this medical process. He is so organized with ALL my tests, bloodwork, appointments and bills. If there is something he doesn't understand FULLY he researches it, but there really isn't much he struggles with. It is such an asset to have a nurse hubby as your advocate. Andy is brilliant. 

Thank you to all of you that have committed to praying for me. So many have asked "Anita, what can I do?"  My answer is PRAY. This is the greatest Gift you can give me, You are giving me miracles unmeasurable. 

Anita~

5 comments:

  1. You are so wonderful and your smile infectious. You’re bravery, faith and attitude are inspiring. My prayers are for your complete healing and strength for you and your family. Much love and continued prayers❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, and I LOVE your humor through all of this mess😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to laugh at a lot of it, I keep most of my humor to myself because its a bit inappropriate! LOL...And Laughter really is good medicine. Thank you Diane, you are so kind.

      Delete
  3. You are the bravest person I know! Prayers πŸ™πŸ»

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, some days it is work, ok, actually a lot of days it is work to stay brave. It's waking up, gritting your teeth, smiling through the tears and clinging on to God and others to keep you upright. I am so thankful for a strong circle. Thank you Tina I appreciate your prayers!

      Delete