"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, July 25, 2019

Overflowing. Another Chemo down.



Its the day after Chemo, and I celebrate another treatment successfully completed.
Tammy was prepping me for April, my nurses work together so well. Always helping each other.

 I shared with Tammy how I was in Monday for my blood draw. It is always nerve racking waiting on those results. But this week my numbers were GOOD! Passing out big smiles. However, Lacey chauffeured me Monday and sat with me and Deborah, my PA. Lacey ratted me out about a 6 hour, 2 mile relay we were doing this Sunday.
Deborah got real stern with me. Telling me to be responsible, stay hydrated, listen to your body...but then added, "You are a experienced runner, and I know you take care of yourself, so if at all you feel a little off this Friday  or Monday after, I will have you set up to get IV fluids."
She then added again to me "In my 14 years, I have never had a patient like you....."
It is the best feeling when you are helped to achieve your desires, especially mine because I know they are a little unconventional!

I shared this with Tammy, she smiled adding "...well, I have been doing this for about 18 years and I too have NEVER had a patient who runs like you or run at all."

My support comes from every angle. I feel so encouraged to get through each day, each obstacle because I have someone in EVERY corner.

*4 treatments of AC
*4 treatments of Taxol, 2 w/ Carboplatin
** 8 more weekly Chemo treatments to go.

Alec drove me to treatment, mom met us and Andy was rushing to get there.
I pulled the cards out before I got all groggy in hopes I would beat Mr. Sandman.
I made it to 9 rounds of cards, then the heavy eyelids began to win, my speech began to slur and Mr. Sandman had arrived. It was a good time to quit I was losing anyway and I could tell Mr. Sandman was getting a two for one, Andy was getting a little droopy too!

My legs were flip, dip and tripping, everybody step back! I feel like a Kung Fu fighter the way my legs do roundhouses in my sleep. There is no controlling those legs! I kept tossing and turning, unaware I was tangling my chords. Also unaware they were taking pictures!
Sluggishly, I began to wake up when I heard Andy had gotten me Bunkhouse burgers and fries.
The BEST fries ever!
Like Manna from Heaven. half sleeping, possibly fully sleeping I sat up to munch on my little taste of heaven.


I felt like my mom, only she wasn't droggy from Benadryl when we would catch her with a bowl of ice cream and a spoon hanging out of her mouth sawing logs!




Rundown:
Last weeks miles: 43 miles
I ran 4 days. two long runs and two short runs.
Yesterday, I met Lacey to run, neither one of us were motivated. We ended up walking to our friends house, Erin. We stalked her through the screen door and plopped ourselves in her garage chairs where we squatted for over an hour. So much for running, we walked back to conclude 2 whopping miles, of walking!


SOO Many Blessings this week.

Proverbs 11:25
 "Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered." 


Treasures of Love, Inspiration, Encouragment, have BLESSED me to the fullest. Its the HEART, the gifts I have been given have come from peoples heart. Genuinely kind and thoughtful. The gifts are so personal, detailed. 
Kristy, a client of mine from over 10 years ago, sent me the top 3 bangles along with a beautiful card to wrap the mantra together with encouragement and love. 
Gina, my sister has now purchased me 3 Mantra bands. The latest is a gold "Its just another marathon" bangle. 
Aunt Lo, also sending me a bracelet. Every week, I get a beautiful card and sentiment from her. She is a survivor of Lymphoma. A hero of mine. 
Angie W. made me this awesome blanket " I saw this picture of you sleeping or napping during chemos…." Details, she had the ribbon and heart for the fight and love, on the other side Anchors for her personal favorite verse. HEBREWS 6:19 "We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain.."
The cards, Oh how I LOVE them all. As I read the words many of you have penned,the sentiments help remove my anxiety, tears down my fears, crushes my insecurities, and builds me up with you true love. Words flowing with genuine care for me. My cards have come from directions I never would have seen. Leone and Isaiah one of our pastors, came over last night with a delicious meal for me. Leone blessed me with protein powder for my smoothies. But her heart blessed me the most, she had all 5 kids in her mini van. This is a mama of 5, her newest baby just a couple months old and she took her time to love on me and my family.
BUT WAIT....Glitz Salons, has had a raffle to help me with my medical costs. My boss, managers and co-workers have been so loving and supportive. I LOVE my Giltz Family.
This is a play it forward bike, donated to raffle. The generosity of so many people has taken my breath away. I can never repay it, I have tried to think of ways that I can, trust me. The outpouring of LOVE takes my breath away. I want to hug all those that donated. I had some very GENEROUS donors. Donors that didn't even know me that supported me. I have learned so much from others in this journey. I look forward to playing it forward when I get back on my feet. I have been inspired to the fullest.
2 Corinthians 9:7
Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

My deepest thank you's.
Anita~






No comments:

Post a Comment