"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, April 27, 2019

Trail Weekend..THE HALF

It might have been only a half marathon but it was a WHOLE lot of fun!
I kept calling it the "FUN RUN" because I am going back out to Pinckney tomorrow morning to complete the fun with a 50K. 

It is amazing how one can compact an entire weeks worth of running adventures and laughter into a 2hour and 20 minute trail half marathon. (My Time Today)
From the time I got there until the time I left I had fun. It was great to see so many familiar faces out there.


Trail Weekend

WHERE: Pinckney, Mi
WHEN: Saturday, April 24th 8am
DISTANCE: 13.1
TRAIL: Potawatomi Trail



The trail was a bit gnarlier than I expected. We ran a conversational party pace. I yelled a lot on the trail, threw out my hands for "High Fives" and coaxed all the runners to join in the fun!

The weather was fabulous, sadly, I didn't grieve too hard not getting the 5 inches of snow we were rumored to get. I embraced a sky exploding with blueness and sunshine.
Todays Bling!


I headed home exhausted.
On the backroads I found a little blonde runner on the road walking. As I pulled up next to her, I yelled "HEY! Why aren't you RUNNING?"
It was Lacey, she looked up at me, walked around the front of my car and jumped in!
I actually continued home with Lacey in the front seat. She was not that motivated to run. When we arrived back at my house we continued chatting till I could hardly hold my self, I had to go poo poo soo BAD!
Oh the joys of running!

I am off to bed to do it again times 2 plus another 5 mile loop that I keep hearing is vicious!

This is pretty much my last HOORAH!
Running is not looking so good for me this summer.
Life has thrown a curve ball at me, so for now, I am going to RUN LIKE THE WIND, Have fun and be grateful for all things.

Say some prayers for me, 50k at 7:30AM in the morning!

Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment