"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Training Interupted

Trail Weekend is April 27-28.
Saturday is my half miler and Sunday is my 50k.

Ann Arbor was orchestrated to be a training run for the 50k.

But because of all my Dr. appointments my training has been down. For that matter I have been down to.
The constant fatigue messes with my head, it directs me into a bit of a depression.

I am trying so hard to run when I can but last week was tough. I had a 20 mile run scheduled the same time as I had a 10am biopsy of my left breast.
I got up early to try and get at least 10 miles in, I really wanted 12-14. But I just couldn't get one foot in front of the other.
I couldn't command my body to move any faster. I found myself angry, depressed, confused, as I battled just one mile at a time.

I was nervous about this biopsy. Andys mom was taking me and my brother and sister were so loving but here each mile I felt so alone.
It took everything to just run. I had my music playing as a distraction. I finished 10 miles, the longest 10 miles of my life.

All these DR. appointments are on my days off, my running days. The only way to recover my miles is to run on work days, on tired legs.

MARCH MILES: 168
Last weeks miles; 52.65...

I gritted it out. they weren't pretty miles but they were accomplished miles.
7am miles, and evening miles. They were tired miles and sore miles.
I could have gotten more miles in but I just couldn't move. I found myself back in bed trying to recover. I have never taken so many naps.
It was all I could do to lace my shoes up when I did.

This week I should get the results of my biopsy. I am fairly confident it is not cancerous. Dr. Sullivan will schedule me for a lumpectomy.
This really is a major interruption of my training.
I wont be able to run for a couple days and probably have to take a day off work. I use my upper body for work and they said I probably shouldn't work. UGH.
I get an Iron Transfusion this week. YEAH! Another poke but I am hoping it will help me with my energy.
This lack of energy really messes with your head and heart.

Thank you for all the prayers and kind words.
It means so much.

Just a reminder...God is good all the time. I am keeping only positive vibes circulating around me.
I cant manage too much more right now.
I have withdrawn a lil bit, this is to protect both me and others.
But the LOVE I have received. It has spoken volumes.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment