"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, September 3, 2018

WoodStock 100k T- 3 days

Somedays you got it and some days you don't!

Todays run...Was not so pretty. I was talking myself out of it before I even ran 3 of my 16 miles.

I was miserable. My mind was a big Debbie Downer. The heat was already stifling, like I was running in a burning inferno.
My thick latin  eyebrows could be rung out I had so much sweat pooling in them. Oh, and my pony tail was now a matted mess slapping me like a wet towel on my neck.

Everything felt GROSS. My shorts were sticking in places things should not stick and I smelled like things that did not have a heartbeat.

I called it in. Yep! I hit my Garmin at 14 miles, 2 miles short of 16 and pretty much walked/jogged the last 2 miles back to the parking lot.

I somehow managed 14 miles at a 9:30min/mi. This was a total suckfest.
And my 2 mile recovery even shocked me at a 11:29 min mile, I walked most of the time.

This weeks agenda:
Tuesday: Work, double booked. Then my meeting at 6:30-9.
Wednesday: Off. Massage. Prepare for Woodstock. Run a little...Very little, maybe even walk a little. 
Thursday: Work 4-9
FRIDAY: WOODSTOCK! 100K STARTS AT 4PM. I will be running through the night. I am hoping I will finish my 62 miles in 14 hours. This is a 14min/mi.
The night running is where I am being conservative.

Taper Time. I have cut my miles back, Last Thursday was my last longish trail run.
My tribe: Team Squishy Toes. We had a great turn out. 



Last week we also had our last night run, running 22 miles on the back roads.
Team Squishy toes ROCKS!


But today, the sufferfest was real, I smiled during walk breaks and enjoyed all the familiar faces out at Indian Springs.
I reminded myself, "I'm tapering, I don't have to work this hard."


This week has been busy. My son went back to collage last week. Austin came home this weekend. It was really nice.
It felt so good to laugh with him. To see him proud of himself again. He had a really hard summer, I had a really hard summer.
Nothing hurts more than seeing your kids hurt.

REASON 1643 Why I Run so GOSH darn Much....So I don't cry all the time!
Parenting is NOT for the weak.


Collision: Funny I helped endorse a book called Collision just recently, and that is what I call my little devo in my blog.
I loved this verse on FAILURE in Jessica Bishops book,
"Say to them, 'This is what the Lord says: 'when people fall down, do they not get up? When turns away, do they not return?" Jeremiah 8:4

This verse reminded me that just because I might not have ran as planned, I am not quitting in the BIG picture. I didn't quit at 14, I slowed down and finished all 16. I returned and did the best I could.

Sometimes plans change. That's ok, Get back up and try again.
Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment