"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Short and Simple.

"But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently. "
Romans 8:25
Upon reading this verse today, I related it back to waiting patiently for a acceptance letter from the B.A.A.
However, this verse was not written anywhere close to the context of waiting for a personal email.
My brain has just been hijacked.

I keep checking my banking account, my  email, Facebook and the B.A.A. website for any kind of news. Seriously, I would take a few scraps of information but my plate is DRY. They are feeding us "2nd Weekers" nothing but fear.
They said by the end of the week, so is that like a Thursday? a Saturday?

Lacey and I have worked so hard to get in. Such a BIG DREAM for us both.
Like soo many others.
We just will continue to play the waiting game.

Rundown:
Where: Holdridge, West Loop and North loop
Distance: 6 miles
Andy and I had a date on the trails today. Andy has been killing it on the trails.
The last couple days I have been under the weather with a head cold.

My little ditty for running with a cold:
"If its in your head-Get out of Bed
 If its in your chest- Its best to rest.

My head is a cloudy, stuffy,snotty mess!
But I laced up and drove with Andy to Holdridge. I let Andy lead. A couple miles in Andy says "Nita, your not talking much..."
And I wasn't. I was just focusing on following Andy's line through the trails. My nose was running so much that I actually blew a snot rocket and felt it land on my left leg.
Andy kept a very constant pace. Even though I wasn't much for conversation I was quietly having so much fun.
I was watching Andys form. His routine the past few months has not only led him to dropping over 20lbs it has improved his running form.  I could actually hear my heavy breathing as I shadowed behind him.

The cooler temps made my misery less. The faster pace and silent run helped me to put my training in check.
  • Tap tap tap
  • Arms up
  • Shoulders back
  • Run with all your body, use your core
  • Breath
  • On your toes
  • Look up
It was a great run. I am LOVING running less miles. I said it! 


Anita~



No comments:

Post a Comment