"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Tomorrow is the BIG Day.

I am trying really hard to remain positive. NOT soo positive that I am disappointed and grieving if the news comes back short.
Tomorrow I find out if I got into BOSTON.
Lacey is convinced that we did not get in. She is basing this on her bank statement.
This year is EXTREMLY tight. tighter than previous years.

B.A.A "All of us at the Boston Athletic Association are honored by the supreme interest in registering for next year's Boston Marathon. Unfortunately, we will not be able to accept all qualifiers who submitted entries due to field size limitations...….Please note that due to the increased interest in the 2019 race, we will only be able to accept a small portion of Week Two applicants."

Yeah, I am week two. I only have 4min 50sec cushion. The saddest part ISN'T that I won't be running Boston 2019, I have been very blessed to have ran Boston 3 times, the saddest part is that I wont be able to run with Lacey. This was always a dream of ours. 

This text conversation still has me laughing. Maybe Lacey is right...But I am staying POSITIVE. 
And it we are going to find another Epic Race! 


To add to my Marathon news. 
Something very tragic happened a couple weeks ago. I am NOT running Marine Corp Marathon this October. 
I was so excited to run this race with both my brother and sister in law this October. Another dream of mine.
Tragically, they were in a boating accident. My brother lives in Stuart, Florida. The two of them were boating like any other Sunday afternoon on the ocean. They hit a wave no different then they have hit one many many times before, however, this time it was different. Leeanne came out of her seat and landed back into her seat wrong, breaking her L2.
This was my sister in laws FIRST Marathon. She was so excited that week completing 18 miles.
Leeanne and Bobby deferred their registration and I joined them.
I had planned that with them. I just couldn't go out there without them.
We will revisit it all again next year. Until then I am praying for my sister in law to have a good recovery and heal strong.

DETROIT Marathon T-4 weeks. 

I have been wrapping my head this week on my next race. Detroit Free press Marathon in October. 
Two weeks out from Woodstock I have really taken my recovery serious. The first week, I only hiked, 6.8 miles. And ran once on the trails with Andy taking each loop slow for 8 miles.
This week I ran:
Monday: 8 miles
Wednesday: 6 miles
Thursday:  8 miles
Sunday, Today: 20 miles
Total Miles: 42 miles total.

"Nothing is intolerable that is necessary. Jeremy Taylor
Most things are easier said than done.
However, nothing is too hard if it must be done.
The show must go one. I have a road race in 4 weeks. I could just take the easy route and coast into Detroit knowing I just came off a 100k or I can suck it up, grind it out and get my head back in the game getting it done.
Today was my first official training run. I didn't know what my legs would do. But I did know I took two weeks and recovered. Easy runs, good eating habits. One run I even cut short in hopes it would help my long run today be stronger. 
I knew it was going to be hard. Or at least I had convinced myself. 

Lacey and drove out to Lake Orion to run the Paint Creek trail for 20 miles.
Without a cloud in the sky we headed down the flat, scenic trail... along with half of Oakland County!

We took off slower for a out and back.
My body felt so fresh. I was chatting it up sharing a movie we rented last night without any heavy breathing or fatigue.
Not only does the Paint Creek Trail have nice bathrooms, they also have water bottle filling stations!
When we made the turn around at mile 10, I still felt great, even better. I picked our pace up. Lacey began to make lil comments, "Soo did that recovery make you ready to run.." She then began to add 30second walk breaks laughing at our running pace. "Anita, your the one pushing the pace."
We were running great but added walk breaks to keep our pace down. We both felt great.
Each mile we maintained made me want to finish strong.
Towards the end I was beginning to feel it. But with just a couple miles to go I knew it wasn't "Intolerable" I knew that I could finish it out.
SMILES all across the board when we hit the STOP button.
The best part about a good running partner, they hold you accountable, helping to design a plan and execute it. We finished our run feeling more confident for Detroit.
" Holly" this week told Lacey that Paint Creek trail was Up Hill coming back from Rochester. Lacey say "..don't tell me that...." And there you have it, she was SOO right! 

Next week...22 miles.

Here is to staying Positive and Praying.

Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment