"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, October 1, 2017

You Split the Sea for Me.

"You split the sea
So I could walk right through it
My fears were drowned in perfect love
You rescued me
And I will stand and sing
I am a child of God.
"


It starts first with a lump in my throat. Then my poor wrinkled hands tighten up. My heart gets heavy as I think of my yesterdays.
Grief and Gratitude battle only to crumble into each others arms. 
Tears.
They slowly trickle down my cheeks. My hands are raised as the lyrics gently flow from my tear soaked lips. 

YOU RESCUED ME....
You SPLIT THE SEA...

It was just yesterday I was so insignificant. I child with no hope. Forgotten. Discarded. Lonely nights. Mornings without light. 
Lies. ALL LIES. 

What if I listened to the lies? 

Lacey and I sang this together on our last long run. 
When we felt so tired, I got super spiritual on Lacey. 
"Lacey, HE split the sea for ME...HE always believed in me..."

I didn't know how Lacey would respond in her misery. 
She finished the songs lyrics.."I am a child of God..." 

This week as I gear up for this new 100 mile adventure I call on HIM.
I remind myself HE SPLIT the SEA for me to do GREAT And Mighty things. 

I have had several solo runs trying to get myself in a quiet place. A place I can hear HIM remind me of his promises. 
I need to hear God remind me of who I AM. Where I CAME from. WHAT I have Overcome because OF HIM. 

I got a love lashing from a dear friend of mine this week. 
"By the way, quit stressing about this damn race." 
"Get out of your head. Let the training guide you. I am absolutely certain you will conquer this beast. This is nothing compared to what you've overcome and gotten through." 

I stared at those words. I had no idea how to respond. She was right. 
HE SPLIT THE SEA for ME..

My taper has started. This is it. The clock it ticking. I am so humbled that God has kept me safe all these weeks of training. He has strengthen me, given me wisdom and directed my paths. 
I deserve none of it. 
But HE continues to see me. Little ole me. Insignificant. I nobody in the big picture. 
A girl with an outrageous dream. 
I girl that came from nothing and lives with her cup running over, undeserving. Grateful but not even grateful enough. 

RUNDOWN
Distance 10.2
Time: 1:37:50
Pace: 9:42

My last double digit run. Lacey and I ran at 6:30am. It was our first cold run. I was in capris and long sleeves. BRR. As chilly as it was, our morning run was stunning. Breathtaking. 
The fog skirted around us, leaving a majestic hue over everything simple transforming it into splendid. 



"A man’s heart plans his way,
But the Lord directs his steps."
Proverbs 16:9


Anita


1 comment:

  1. You got this!!!!! Take it easy, rest up and you'll kill the course!!

    ReplyDelete