"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, October 30, 2017

Take it Easy

I am LOVING this whole run what you want, when you want and if you want thing. I enjoying running and I enjoy running even more right now when I don't have anything MAKING me run.

I was getting burnt out.
Tired
Whiny.
And ready to have nothing on the calendar.

The only thing I have on the calendar is Clarkston BackRoads. Sunday November 12th.
This is the 5th year Joan and I have ran this. Last year, we decided to FUN RUN it! We were both out of breath, in the hurt locker and not smiling, quite the opposite actually.
My body is usually recovering from something and I am a broken mess running this race.
But..This year, I am looking forward to running it, No PRESSURE.

Lacey set up our run today. I was so excited to run for the first time with my Pacers.
Lacey and I drove out to Paula and Matts house to run Orion Oaks. Paula ran 5 miles with us and ran back home to make us cookies and coffee.
Orion Oaks would have been more enjoyable if it was not sleeting, raining and 38 degrees out, not to leave out the winds blasting us in the face on the way back.

All the negative weather issues didn't disrupt our chatty conversations. It was fun to catch up and get to converse about Hennepin.

I was still feeling fatigue. Maybe it was all the jaw jabbing I was doing but I was whooped at mile 3!
We were running 10 miles.
At mile 9, I was ready to eat warm cookies and sip hot coffee.

Paula was like an angel. She had a fuzzy blanket wrapped around me, that added with the above yummies, I was in hog heaven.

RUNDOWN
Distance:10.5
Time:1h 48m
Pace:10:17


Anita~

1 comment: