"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Friday, October 6, 2017

Hennipen: the Plan



 It took us almost 7 hours to get to our bib pick up today in Illinois.   With the combination of a long drive and 2 cups of coffee I was wound up tight. Package pick up was easy and fun. They had so much to offer for merchandise.
The more people came in the more hyper I got. I kept looking at my watch waiting for
Kris and Rachel to arrive.
 I saw them walking in and came running to greet them.
MY TRIBE!

 Together we laughed, chatted, shopped and listened to the race info meeting.  By the time the meeting ended we are already to head back to our hotels. .

Tomorrow I will be starting my hundred mile adventure at 7 AM.
I have been asked several questions over the last couple days.
1. Why are you running this, 100miles?
2.  Are you going to run the whole time?
3.  Are you going to sleep?
4.  How are you going to do this? Do you have a plan?



Well... here goes.
1. Psalm 20:4-5 " May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed. May we shout for joy over your victory and left of our banners in the name of our God. May the Lord grant all your requests. "
 I love the adventure. I love pushing myself to the limits,to be depleted and empty and allow God to direct me. To strengthen me. When I am at my end I find myself in full faith of HIM.  Are you with my running as a way to  be a witness for Christ. It is a form of ministry to me.

2.  I will be doing interval training tomorrow. I will be running with walk breaks averaging every mile.

3.  No I will not be sleeping! Until I have finished.

4.  I am going to do this through prayer and faith. I have trained for over six months. My plan is to run the first 20 miles steady, not spending very much time in the aid stations.
 I cannot have any Pacers until the 50 mile mark.
 Lacey will be picking me up at the Candyland aid station to run through the night with me, the last 32 miles.
 I have the greatest crew ever. Andy. He will be at the majority of the stations. He has all my supplies that I will need through the night, through the rain and through all those miles. I am so grateful to have him.  Crewing is a very stressful job as a spouse.  I am very grateful.
 My ultimate goal tomorrow is to finish in 24 hours.  For this to happen I have to average 14 minute miles.
 The weather is not ideal conditions, between the rain and 22 mile an hour winds it will be a challenge.

 In closing, the speakers today shared some great wisdom. Rachel shared some mantra.  And my tribe from home  showered me with gifts and incredible support. All this has me very excited!

 Thank you for all the support and the wonderful words and prayers so many of you have showered me with.
 Andy will do his best at updating on Facebook.

In love, Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment