I have been more disciplined at getting my miles in over my writing.
December isn't my favorite month. It is busy. It is emotional. It is chaotic. I refrained from doing several posts just because of the unstable emotions I was undergoing.
But I didn't miss a run. My love of running is enough to drag me out of a pit. It is my safe place.
This month I ran with Claudia, Jeff and I had treadmill wars, Lacey, Danielle and today I ran 12 miles with Joan at Genesys.
Christmas I received lots of running goodies. My favorite gifts.
- Camelback H2O container
- Sports bra/tank
- Brooks 5inch running shorts (Lacey spoiled me)
- Brooks beanie
- Nike running long sleeve/neck warmer running shirt
- HONEY STINGER waffles and chews
- Hal Koerner's Field guide to Ultrarunning
- Nike running pants
- Sealskinz running socks, officially the most expensive running socks I own $42!
- Balega running socks.
- Fleet feet STUART Fl running teeshirt
- OH AND ANDY SIGNED ME UP FOR AN ULTRA IN KENTUCKY!!!
This week I will add a new pair of running shoes to the list. Tomorrow it is on my "To do list", I am in dire need. I also need to invest in a new pair of trail shoes.
It is dangerous for me going into any running or sporting goods store. My endorphins start firing in the parking lot upon arrival! I am like a kid in a candy store. I want to touch everything. I hold it, put it up to me, smell it and try to sneak it to the cash register.
Well, I am getting a little caught up. Before the end of the year I will post my 2015 miles. My races accomplished and my 2016 Goals.
HERE IS MY LAST GIVEAWAY for 2015!! Keep in EYE out for it!
GUESS MY MILES for 2015. CLOSEST WINS!!! Remember I am going to the running store tomorrow...
RULES: YOU CAN GUESS ON ANY POST IN THESE 3 PLACES WHEN PROMPTED.
- ON MY BLOG
- ON "RUNNING AGAINST THE ODDS" FB page
- ON INSTAGRAM NITASLIFERUNNING
That's all for now. I am going to read what Hal has to say and go to bed with anxiety!