"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, December 7, 2015

Happy Trails and Happy TAILS!

I knew when Alec started vomiting at 10:30 it was going to be a LOONG night.

My body was sore and I was tired. Not the "Tired" you fall right to sleep, rather the "Tired" your legs and body are restless but your mind is begging for sleep.
I gave Lacey her early Christmas present! She like my hat and didn't know I purchased her one too!

It was 1:30am and I hadn't fell asleep yet. My legs were twitching from my 18 mile run with Lacey. Alec had finally feel asleep on an extra mattress he drug into our room.
I decided to get up and see what I could do to try and fall asleep. The Nyquil was empty, however, I found the bottle of Motrin and swallowed 3 with some warm faucet water. Half sleeping, I fought between Icy Hot and Dr Teals Lavender lotion with Epson salt to find some muscular relief.  I squeezed a handful of  Dr. Teals in my hands and massaged the cream deep into my legs. My legs looked like they went through a meat grinder I rubbed them so hard. My legs had instant relief.

My Monday consisted of me sleeping in until 8am. It was so foreign to still be in bed and Andy already gone. When I finally came alive, 6 hours of sleep was as good as it was going to get.  Alec was sleeping as I tip toed around him.

Drinking my coffee, my thoughts became more clear. I was able to make peace with the fact that my day was NOT going to be what I thought it was.
A two hour trail run was NOT going to happen. I knew I needed to run, I had a funeral at 11am. Funerals are always so emotionally depleting. It was an addiction related death. These really strike me hard.  I needed to run to sift through my emotions and balance me back out. December the 8th is the anniversary of my mothers death. I just really needed all the time I could get running.

After coming home from the funeral, I asked Alec "Alec, would it be OK if I went for a trail run, just a few miles?"  It was almost 2pm.

Alec moved his head from the TV and responded "YEAH, that's fine, BUT if you are not home by 3:30 I am calling dad!" He wasn't sick enough to NOT worry about his mother on the trails.

If your on Instagram I shared this pic with a mini devotion. What do YOU see??

HOLDRIDGE WEST LOOP. The West Loop is a 4 mile loop unless you:

1.     Add the technical loop

2.     GET lost.

Yup, I did it again. I got lost. At mile 3, I was exactly where I was supposed to be. I saw two hikers out there and I wasn't lost then.  Coming through the trails, I saw a man in orange with his lab. His unleashed lab approached me with enthusiasm. I reached down to pet him. He licked my hands as his owner smalled talked. Then from licking my hands he must have decided he REALLY like me as he mounted my leg with a death grip. "OH" I giggled. It was an awkward response but it was all I could say. He quickly grabbed his frisky pooch and I never saw them again!

It wasn't far after that I took a wrong turn!

I ran 5 miles. The trails gave me so much peace. The air was crisp. There was a dense fog that saturated the woods. It was majestic. The woods were brown and lifeless but the moss glowed with this brilliance, it made the woods come alive. I could hear my feet tapping across the wet leaves, giving life to the stillness on the trails.

I was in my happy place.


No comments:

Post a Comment