"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, December 28, 2015

Take Your Breath Away

LIFE is moving forward regardless of whether we are or not. 2015 is coming to a close.

It was a year of great distance but not great speed.
It was a year of healing and recovery, emotionally and physically.
It was a year of new friendships and running partners.

It was NOT a year of PR's.
It was not a YEAR of Complacency.

  • March: Rock CF  Half Marathon POT O GOLD 4MILER
  • May: Bayshore Marathon
  • June: Wings Of Mercy5K
  • August: Crim10M
  • September: Woodstock 50M
  • October: Det.Freepress Marathon/ Headless Horseman 10K
  • November: Clarkston Backroads Half Marathon
REGRETS, yeah maybe a few. I ran a lot on fear. Injury is like the black shadow of doom.
It literally hoovers over you, taunting you. It is teasing you to add a couple more hills, increase you pace and tack on just a few more miles. I always play it safe. Scared to push my luck.Maybe I am a bigger wuss than I think I am.  I find a happy medium that pushes just enough to know I am not a slacker but not to much that I could possibly get hurt.
The Reality: I could have pushed it harder.

At the end of the day or the year as it approaches just days away, I am grateful for an entire year of recovery from the dreaded IT Band injury I had in 2014.

I ran another Ultra. I had a love affair with the trails.
Running the trails took me out of my comfort zone. Running in the woods birthed a passion in me. There was a lot of fear running alone. Overcoming that fear to experience the beauty that lies hidden from the pollution of the world is LIVING.
I would find myself singing and dancing to the foliage and the creatures hidden. My heart would skip beats like a first kiss. The morning air touched my skin leaving me breathless and wanting more. It was love. The trails romanced me. My skin was silky from the perspiration but it was dewy and welcomed.  I would daydream how soon I could play in its paths. I wasn't very graceful but the trails were forgiving, gently teaching me with each step.
This was living for me.

Time is moving.  Days to weeks. Live life Intentionally. This world has so much to experience. By doing nothing that is exactly what you are going to get, NOTHING.

Step out of the box. Do something that scares you. Chase your  dreams, create incredible memories.
Believe in yourself. Take Your Breath Away.



Rundown:
Went to Genesys at 8am. I slept like totally crap last night. 6am came and WENT!
I am tapering for my Disney Marathon. I had big plans to run 10-12 miles today, however I had a brain fart. "WHY? I am tapering."
I ran on the TM for hill repeats and speed drills. It is always a good run when your shins are sweating after only 4 miles!
As much fun as beating myself up on a 6% incline was I knew I had more in me.  I took my socks off to throw some kicks into the heavy bag. I didn't quit till I was out of breath and the tops of my feet were beet red.
The ICING on the cake was 10 minutes in the cold plunge to recover. Fresh legs.


After leaving I GOT NEW SHOES at Baumans!
Mizuno Wave Inspire, I usually run in Brooks but they didn't have mine in. I have ran in Mizunos and didn't have any issues. They are just a little PURPLE!!


Can't wait to see what memories these new shoes give me. I am sure they will take my breath away, make me want to puke and leave me sore! Worth it!
Anita

Baumans is having a huge sale, since my shoes were on sale it made perfect sense I needed to own the windbreaker that was on sale too!



No comments:

Post a Comment