"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, December 29, 2014

PRIDE

Stubborn.
Strong Willed
Headstrong

Yeah, I would say I contain a portion of these. I have many ingredients for disaster in my make up. I am my own worst enemy. I think it is fair to say that when managed that these character traits are also great traits for perseverance. WHEN MANAGED!

I am a pistol, no question about it. I have a handful of haters. Most of us do. You would be surprised by those that are in the Hater Club. I have days that I care, too much. But for the most part God realigns my focus back to him. He usually always brings someone around me to remind me I am LOVED, I am not the Antichrist. That I am not then Enemy.

"It's PRIDE F**#%(@  with you." Andy, back in his heathen season would say this to me. I can still hear those words as foul as they were. Those characteristic traits were a product of PRIDE when unmanaged.


"Woe unto them that are wise in their own eyes, and prudent in their own sight." Isaiah 5:21

After a while you have to just let go. Pride like to HANG ON.
Let them talk about you. Let them Defriend you, block you or send you a letter..
Bury your PRIDE and EXAMINE YOURSELF. QUIT examining everyone else and playing the victim. I have to do MY self Inventory.
POOR Anita? UGH
I think NOT.
I don't need to gather a team together to support the injustice directed at me. If I have a problem I go to that brother or sister, most of the time. Sometimes, I have found that it just isn't a battle that is ever going to be won. In this case, I just let it go.

God has really beat me down. He gives me a sip or water, a minute to catch my breath and he comes back at me. But it is because I am Stubborn, Strong Willed and Headstrong. He is trying to beat that PRIDE out of me.

My Running is NO DIFFERENT.
Every Run I am so thankful. It feels like the first time I ran.
I missed the vibrant blue sky and perfect day to run. Then I reminded myself..I CAN RUN, it wasn't about the weather conditions, it was about the health of my legs. That made it Perfect.

I had 30 minutes. I changed knowing the sun was setting. The sky was still clear, the air was cold and crisp. It would be dark on my way back home. I grabbed my reflective vest and a light. Quickly running through the house gather my layers I found myself getting so pumped.  I suddenly didn't care that I was squeezing my run in, I was excited for the gift to run at that moment. And oddly enough,  the conditions seemed even more perfect.

RUNNING in the Dark. I started out with my headphones in to get me juiced. But the darker it got, the more crooked the road bent, the more creeped out I got. I needed to hear everything. I needed to hear if a dog was going to make kibbles and bits out of me. Or if a funky windowless van came up from behind me. I wanted to hear if a coyote decided to get frisky with me. Then I needed to hear myself think as I devised a plan for every scenario!

5 tips for running in the DARK.
  1. Turn off the Headphones.
  2. Wear Reflective wear.
  3. Take your phone with you, I get lost in the daylight, the nighttime gets really confusing!
  4. Run Against Traffic
RUNDOWN:
Distance: 3 miles of awesomeness

At the end of the Day, I am the same as I was in the beginning..A nothing. My righteousness is of filthy rags. I have failed you, I have failed myself and I will do it again. Not because I want to, just because I have far far from arrived. But this stubburn, strong willed nothing will try to be better with each breath.

Anita



1 comment:

  1. Safety tip for all times - run with a can of mace in easy reach. Mine is always hooked on my waistband in the small of my back. Never know when you'll run in to scary dogs or creepy people

    ReplyDelete