"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Remember to Never Forget.

I had many great intentions today. No matter what store or what isle I have been shopping in, I can not seem to find "MORE Time", I have found Thyme, but it is useless to me.

I was able to get my run in. Danielle and I met Hillary out at Indian Springs this morning.  Hillary runs at Indian Springs almost every morning. She asked me if we could meet for a run out there.
We had so much fun.

The day was an emotional day. As high as I was from running,I struggled with some memories. I intentionally tried to do everything to stay positive and joyful.

As I drove down the back roads towards home I could feel the memories burn in my heart. The people that I miss so very much.
This time of year is the hardest time of year for me. My mother died this week and my grandma and I shared Christmas birthdays.

As dark as life was growing up, when my mother laughed, everyone laughed. She could fill a room with joy. I came to a deep thought today. As the tears gently warmed my cheeks, thinking about that amazing matriarch my grandma and almost hearing my mothers laugh,  I wondered why I was still so sad.
It was the dark times, the scary nights, the hard seasons of life that brings a simple smile into perspective. A light laugh, a glittering eye, a warm touch were all so precious. They were like a bright sunny sky in January in Michigan.
I miss them so very much.
I loved every little special moment. I miss those moments. I wish I could just visit my grandma and listen to her tell me stories of her dancing. Or wait for hours as my mother got ready to go for a simple walk. I wish I could hear my grandma tell me how we were both Christmas babies.

I wanted to write my Christmas favorites list. But I needed to remember to never forget.

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment