"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Bring It Aretha!

"Meaningless! Meaningless! says the Teacher. "Utterly meaningless! Everything is Meaningless."
Ecc 1:2
 
 
With the  holidays going and coming we are faced with many issues.  Most of us have swept them under the rug, danced around or all together avoided them over the last several months. I continue to hear statements like:
"The Holidays so stressful."
"I just wish it would come and go."
"I just want to stay home, or go away."
 
How do we find JOY in the midst of so many battles? We have expectations, we have hang-ups with others, we have bitterness that we have not worked on and in it all we get so confused on what we should or should not be doing.
 
December is not my favorite month, but in the tears, I have also found great laughter and JOY.
Some day's it is a lot of work, other days it comes easy.
 
Most of us do not like confrontation with others, let alone ourselves.  
Today, mom and I were cleaning Maw Maws house. Moms made the statement "Anita, what am I going to be like when I get older? I am getting so honest...."
I laughed because mom has. I love it. We get in so many snickeredy little debates. But again, I love that she does not agree with me, I love that she shares her own thoughts and ideas. "Anita, I think I got that from you." She continued with laughter.
I love that she feels she can be honest with me and know that I love her even if we do not see eye to eye.
We have learned that we don't have to share the same thoughts, ideas, or concerns. We have learned that by stuffing down our hurts or hang-ups that does not solve anything.
 
Pick Your Battle
If you are angry or bitter, most likely you have stuffed yourself with years of garbage and are fat on resentments.
It is really difficult to communicate properly in this condition.
We have to first conquer ourselves, fighting the battle that is raging within us.
At this point, we will discover what other battles we should fight, how to be victorious and what battles no longer need to be fought, that are MEANINGLESS.
It is all in the Approach.
Let Love Lead
When I step off the platform of The Anita Show, I can see how miniscule I am. How Meaningless many of my battles are.
When I see HIS purpose for me is greater than my purposes, many of my battles dissolve. When I let my LOVE for HIM become greater than my battles, I can find JOY.
Meaningless, that's what many things become. Love for Him reminds me to love like Him.
When LOVE leads I am reminded that "I" am even Meaningless. It's Not The Anita Show.



WEARING DIFFERENT SHOES OUTOF THE HOUSE: MEANINGLESS!
 
THE RUNDOWN:
The last few days have gone like this:
 
Sunday- Played HOOKIE from Everything! Took the Boys to Frankenmuth
 
 
Monday-
THOSE ARE SOME WHITE LEGS!

Lacey called and we ran a new loop, a perfect 7 mile loop. I ran half naked in shorts that morning! It was 45 degrees out!

 
WHO..WHO HIT THIS POOR THING?
LACEY AND I FOUND HER ON OUR RUN.

 
Wednesday-TODAY! I hit the gym. 30 minutes of weights and stretching. The track was calling my name for an easy mile. But I saw a regular, an older guy running just a few feet in front of me. I quietly came in behind him. That mile turned into 3 fun miles. I found myself dancing on the track to Aretha Franklin.."Yeah Baby!" "I aint gonna do you wrong..." "Just a, Just a, Just a..."
I was running and pulling out the guns dancing on the track. I felt my shoulders shimmy and a big ole grin painted on my face as I was running in my own party.
I am sure I had a few giggling, but I was having so much fun I really didn't care!
"OHHH your kisses are sweeting than honey... RESPECT..."
 
 
 
JOY!!


 Anita
 


No comments:

Post a Comment