"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Running Backwards

Isaiah 43:18-19
“Forget the former things;
do not dwell on the past.
See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the desert
and streams in the wasteland.” (NIV)
 


January:139 Miles
No races

February: 163 Miles
No races

March: 213 Miles
No Races

April: 128 Miles
Boston Marathon 3:30:49
 
May: 107 Miles
HA5K 23:27
Run Thru The Shores 25:13
Anniversary run.

June:
No Races/Injured

July:
No Races/Injured

August:
The Crim 1:22:44
Quit Logging miles Injured

September:
No Races/Didn't log miles/injured

October:
Detroit Free Press Marathon 3:50:55
Didn't Log miles

November:
Clarkston BackRoads Half Marathon 1:56:12

December:

Favorite RACE: The Boston Marathon, DUH! I had to promise my family I would retire this race.
Prettiest Race: Detroit Free Press would have to be the most scenic. I didn't do any pretty runs.
Hardest Race: HA5K , I hate 5Ks, they never stop hurting.
Races I didn't run: DX2A, Merrel Down and Dirty

No PR"S for the year of 2014. I can hear Andy "Anita, you are over 40, your times are going to start dropping, your going to need to work twice as hard for the same results..."
Being injured for half the year, made 2014 less than epic. I spent a lot of my summer with a sore toosh from logging  miles on a BIKE! Looking back, I may not see any PR's but I do see a lot of miracles. I had 2 races that I should not have been able to run let alone race. I was in physical therapy for my IT Band and could not run more than 10 miles. By the GRACE of God and  excessive amounts of prayers I was able to run BOTH The Crim 10 miler and Detroit Free Press Marathon.
I am not a snobby runner, therefore, my time was not that important to me, I am a grateful runner. So grateful to watch God do a miracle in me.
"Nothing is impossible with GOD." I believe that with my whole heart. He sees my innermost being, my hearts desires..I am so humbled at the gifts he has given me.
* I have had so many injuries, I have beat my head against the wall wondering what my purpose with running is. But God keeps that flame burning, that passion that burns deep inside me. I get so excited to see what God is going to do next. Who I will meet, where He will take me and all the unknown adventures he gives me. Running is more than physical work, like anything that you are passionate for. You work hard. You pray harder, You never quit. No excuses.

Running Backwards: Collision  
We headed to the Gym, the boys and I, after church and breakfast. The lucky number 7 was in my head.
The boys went to the courts and I went to the track. I came up behind a guy and let him set my pace. As I closed in on my first mile, I was happy to see I was running a 8 minute pace.
I saw a guy running towards me on the track. In the wrong direction! The track is counter clockwise, except this older man was running clockwise. 1, 2, 3 and closing in on 4 miles he continued to pass me. We were close to the same pace as we passed one another at the same place over and over again. I wanted to high five him, or thumbs up him but he would look down and away as we passed. I wondered what he was thinking. He looked like he was running some demons out. He looked like his mind was trying to get rid of conversations and situations as he passed me over and over.
I made it my mission to look at him and try and get eye contact with him.
At the last two laps of my 4 mile run he LOOKED UP! I painted a big smile across my face and said "Great JOB." His eyes suddenly glowed. His countenance changed, he smiled back and whispered something back.

RUNDOWN: 4 miles track: 3 miles treadmill 7 total

RUNNING Backwards, 2014 was a year I ran backwards. I didn't run as many races. No epic PR's.  I barely made 1000 miles, but like this guy I saw on the track, even Backwards was still moving Forwards.

Anita


Many Miles on my bike to 7 Lakes


No comments:

Post a Comment