"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, November 24, 2014

Warm Fuzzies

The day had to be executed perfectly in order for me to check everything off my list of errands.
Drop off Austin at 7am, drop off Alec at 7:30 and point the wheels to the gym.

The temperature left me very confused. It was great weather to run outside. Back and forth I pondered, all the while driving towards Grand Blanc to the health club.

I walked into the gym to see a friend of mine holding her smoothie cup in a awkward position. Apparently, she had sprung a leak, leaving a trail of smoothie throughout the gym.
This was the beginning of my Monday. Laughing at some
one else's misfortune. I actually thanked "Beth" for the laugh and she even joined me in the morning giggles.

That must have left an impression on my jawline. From that moment on, I had a smile attached to my face all day. If I had a dollar for every double take I received from smiling at people, I would have my Christmas fund accounted for.

Smiles are so contagious. They even feel good when you don't feel good. My smile even widened when people noticed I was smiling at them. They probably thought I was a creeper, my grin was so cheesy.
I even winked at a couple people when they felt obligated to smile back.

Yes, traffic is getting bad.
Yes, people are a little on edge.
Parking lots are like a war zone, emotions are tense, people are hustling around, the weather is funky and the kids are coming home...
SMILE!
I loved it when people smiled back at me. Maybe they thought I was a weirdo, maybe they felt sorry for my unshowered pathetic looking self..whatever the case, I received A LOT of smiles today.

The Rundown:

At the gym I was chatty Kathy. I practiced eye contact, I chatted with ladies in the locker room and I encouraged some others working out.
"God Bless YOU" one woman told me. I just love that this woman has the courage to share those 3 words. She is Middle Eastern. She is always so kind, today she even offered me her lotion when I went into the dry sauna. I politely declined but was overcome with warm fuzzies.

*35 minutes of weights and stretching.
*25 minutes of biking
*15 minutes Cold Plunge
Rushing out the door unto the next thing on my list!

Don't let the hustle and bustle of the holidays steal your Joy. Be someone else's Joy, Share a smile!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment