"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, November 10, 2014

Pulling in the Reigns

Psalm 34:19
         "Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all."
 
 
 
2.5 Weeks until Thanksgiving
2.5 Weeks until Black Friday
6 weeks until Christmas
7 weeks until I do another race
 
 
This year did not go down in the books the way I had it written it. 2014 was going to be the year that I brought my speed up. God had different plans for me. It doesn't do any good to go kicking and screaming. And marinating in pity is pointless to.
 
I have been more than blessed with my running this year. I didn't "race" but only 2 races, The Pot-O-Gold and Boston. Running is more than racing for me, it is also running and sharing the love of running both on the course and in training. It makes my heart skip a beat to be able to run with the injury I battled with after Boston. My big hitters were The Crim, Detroit Freepress Marathon, and Clarkston Backroads.
My average went way down this year, if I really was a snob about that it would matter to me. But I am just grateful. So Grateful.
 
So for 7 weeks, I will reign it in. Funny thing I tell people I am not going to be running for the next few weeks and I get 2 responses:
  1. High Fives, "Yeah! Good for you." This response leads to 2 thoughts: 1. "Yeah, I am proud of you or 2. "YEAH, I hope you get slow and fat!"
  2. Apprehensive...Like I am lying, "Who are you fooling Nita...."
I know that 2015, I am going to need to Grit it OUT to get back into it. 41 years old, I am going to need to work harder than ever to just MAINTAIN!
 
God knows my physical afflictions. He hears my heart, he listens to my prayers, I have been so blessed to have him pour so many blessings on me.
 I hear him too.
"Anita, Be Still...Let me heal you, let me strengthen you body and your mind. Come to me in prayer, seek me, trust me, Glorify me in your afflictions. When you are weak, I am Strong."
___________________________________________________________________________________
 
AFFLICTIONS. This is such a hard time of year. This is the time of year the Crazy Train runs OVERTIME.
Stay OFF.
People get a little loopy. They hurt and they hurt you. We have these expectations that can not be met and we develop resentments. We create scenarios, we enable because we want the perfect holiday, we want everyone to get along.
We step in where we shouldn't and find ourselves that quick on the Crazy Train. All our good intentions flushed down the toilet.
The Elephant in the room becomes part of the family room décor. We react on Fear. Rehearsing every "Wouldve, Could've and Should've." Then top it off with "If Only, and "What If" and wonder why we can't sleep at night!
GOD HELP US!
 
It Hurts. It hurts when we can't FIX everything. It Hurts more when we do all the work and nothing changes.
Don't take the ticket on the Crazy Train. Wave them through in LOVE and just the train go by.
 
 
Are You all done Racing for the Year?
Anyone else out there pulling the reigns on their running for a few weeks? If So, What are your thoughts????
 
Has Anyone had the Crazy Train stop at their residence yet??
 
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment