"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Phil 4:13

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

This is one of the most popular scriptures for endurance and strength.

As a runner, I have clung to Gods promises, truths and encouragement to help me in my running and life.

I will share what this particular scripture means to me:

"I can do ALL things THROUGH Christ who Strengthens me."
Life is HARD. Dealing with circumstances, people and even ourselves is a daily battle. There are moments in my armor that weakness seeps in the cracks. That moment when the battle looks lost, or the fight doesn't appear worth it. Pain is saturating every facet of my being. I Want to QUIT. It is at this point that I am reminded 2 things"
  1. It is not about ME.
  2. The fight is not fought until I have invited Christ to fight it for me.
Many battles have nothing to do with us, it is when we take it personal what is not personally ours, that the mission begins to fail. When I remove MYSELF from the equation and look at the situation through Gods eyewear is when I see better what needs to be fought or not.
Number 2, is a hard one to try and convince people of. It is all in how you believe. I know that I am not going into ANY battle alone. "Greater is HE who is in me..." I know with HIM on my side I can do ALL things. I know that when I am "weak he is STRONG". I know He will provide me with the strength that I do not have.
 When I am depleted he is refueling me.
 When I am confused he gives me vision.
 When I am afraid he gives me confidence.
 I am fearfully and wonderfully made but for me to do ALL things I still need him to give me that miraculous power, that unexplained Strength.

This verse reminds me to not quit. I am reminded that God already saw the Victory in ME.
 He wants me to Trust HIM. He wants me to Believe in HIM. He wants me to Seek him for those goals and always give HIM the Glory.
Glory to Glory.

I get excited to seek Him in my running. God has brought me some incredible victories in my short running career. I give him the GLORY in it ALL. Even in adversity  I am reminded that IT all comes from HIM. When life is good it is easy to go to him in Praise, but are you still faithful when you are dealt with adversity? He gives and takes away. 
God was giving me victory after victory in my running.  Then the injuries came. After multiple surgeries and many lonely days I felt like Job questioning HIM. Depression set in and I wanted to quit. But I didn't want to quit. God never blew my flame out. I knew He was not finished with me or my running. When he takes away it is even MORE important to remember "I CAN DO ALL THINGS THROUGH HIM WHO STRENGTHEN ME."

Do you just use this scripture when you set goals? When life presents hardships do you seek this same verse or do you question God in your trials?

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment