"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, October 16, 2014

4 Ways to Beleive what YOU can Acheive

Last Run Completed
Massage Completed
Bag mostly packed
Hotel arrangements confirmed- BIG thanks to Rachel D. who offered me her room last week!
Garmin Charged and packed
Ipod Charged and Packed
Unbalanced Emotions Check!
Bib Number: Complete #472

Detroit Free Press 2 days 10 HOURS!!!

No major catastrophes. No major meltdowns.
I have over eaten, ridiculous amounts of late night snacks, I have no symptoms of Ebola. A few snot rockets out there today, but no red flags.

I peed my pants yesterday, so I think I may have even got that out of my system. Yesterday, was my sons CC meet. I was running around trying to find him on the course. Going up a hill, running, and screaming was not complimenting the bladder, a little too much all at once!

I have asked all to Pray for ME! CHECK.
I had someone ask me "How long is your next marathon?". Check!

This is my segway into my closing thoughts: DREAM BIG.

A MARATHON is always 26.2 miles.
So you can guess a HALF Marathon is always.....13.1 miles!

Now, Sunday morning a little after 7am I will stand toes up with thousands of runners to embark on a Dream.

This Dream wasn't delivered from the UPS man.
This dream came with weeks of training. Eating, running, stretching, sacrificing, track work outs. Sweat, blood, tears, blisters, disappointments, victories and many other elements.
For me you can add on hundreds of dollars of physical therapy and Dr appointments, more tears, depression, confusion, and GRATITUDE.


GRATITUDE!! I told Danielle today, on our run at Indian Springs, how I KNOW that NO matter what GOD has me RIGHT WHERE he wants me. I can look at my body and my training and COMPARE it to my other training or I can RELATE it properly.



Don't Compare-Relate!
I AM RUNNING...here is GOES...AGAINST THE ODDS!
I COULDN'T RUN 10 WEEKS AGO!
I ran the at the end of August and EVERY week I have been so blessed to add 2 MILES a week! That's nuts. God didn't take my injury away but he kept it at bay.
I can sit on my pity pot and complain about not being where I want  OR I can see how far God has brought me so I could achieve this DREAM.
This is a Dream come true. You couldn't have convinced me that I was going to be able to run this Marathon 14 weeks ago. I could barely run 5 miles. I would walk it home defeated and discouraged. I LOVE this Marathon. And God Gave it to me. Against the Odds I AM RUNNING!

4 Ways to Achieve what you Believe:
  1. Forget Your Failures: I had to let go of what I couldn't do, looking at what He could do in me. I had to remove all thoughts of failure or I would let that defeat me and never reach for my goals or dreams.
  2. Develop Determination; Phil 4:13.- Jer 33:3- Never Never Never Give up. Dig down deep and coach yourself beyond your limits.
  3. Conquer Criticism: Do not let others define you. Some of our worst critics come from within.
  4. Practice Positive Thinking: Stay Positive. Keep the Glass half full! If you think positive thoughts you are going to have more positive result.

In the next couple days I will be running. My knee is still mad at me. Chasing after Austin during his CC meet really ticked off my knee. I am NOT going to be able to pull off a 3:30 marathon. I am not even grieving over that. I am so happy that I think I can even run this marathon, that I never set that goal. I would like to be able to run a sub 4 hour marathon. I am REALLY Praying for that. I think that I can do that, I KNOW that I need to remember those 4 techniques above no matter what.

Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment