"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, August 7, 2014

Trying not to get stuck on stupid

When wisdom enters your heart,
And knowledge is pleasant to your soul,
Discretion will preserve you;
Understanding will keep you,
Proverbs 10-11

They say smart people learn from their mistakes BUT brilliant people learn from others.
Well I am not sure what to think of myself now.
 
I am smart enough to know better and dumb enough to get stuck on stupid.
 
ALL I WANT TO DO IS RUN..AND CRY. Because I cannot RUN.
 
I got some really simple advice at physical therapy this week. And it worked.
 
CLINT SAYS like every week, "HOW are you doing Nita?'
My less than enthusiastic response, "UGH, We have to fix this!"
 
Wednesday Clint did some serious ultrasound treatment on my IT Band. I had the marks left over to prove. I could feel the vibrations down in my toes.
"That's it" I told myself, make it hurt so good.
 
Clint gave me some simple and basic advice as he toilet plunged my IT Band, novel concepts really. But only good if they are used like all ideas, wisdom and knowledge.
 
My issue, I want to run too fast. My body is programmed to run at a certain pace but my body isn't capable of healing.
CLINT SAYS:
TAKE OFF YOUR WATCH!
 
Wisdom Enters Your Heart: Wisdom is a treasure. We have opportunities to receive golden nuggets of wisdom if we choose. God gave us 2 ears and 1 mouth so we could listen more than we speak!

"And Knowledge is pleasant to your soul": I really enjoy learning. I am no Einstein, However; I love to learn something new. It is empowering, Knowledge is one of the only things NO ONE can ever take from you.
 
"Discretion will preserve you": You can have all the wisdom and knowledge that the library offers but if you do not know how to use it there is no POINT.
 
"Understanding will keep you." Understanding is difficult. We often wonder why and find it easier to question God and his plan rather that accept it and use Wisdom to understand it is his Will.

 
I struggle with understanding my injury. I have learned a lot of wisdom to overcome my injury emotionally. I am grateful for my teachable heart to receive Clints knowledge. I am always working on trying to discern my knowledge from my experience. My experience wants to run too much or too fast.
The knowledge I received from Clint to remove my watch was spot on!
This is the technique I used when I first started running.
BACK to THE BASICS.
 
I took my watch off this morning to meet Danielle. We have not seen one another almost all summer.
She is always so soft spoken with me. I am like a crazy wild animal and she is like a wise owl.
She went with my plan, No watch for me, walk breaks every 5 minutes and easy does it.
 
It was the perfect conversational pace! We had a lot to catch up on.  
 
I did it, with out any IT Band issues! 4 MILES!!
We were slower than molasses but we did it.
 
Clint said this and it really stuck with me, "Do you want to run??? Then take off your watch."
 
I learned a lot today.
I also learned that: It is not about the time it takes you to get where you are going. Sometimes it is about not worrying about the time and enjoying the Journey!
 
Couple Thoughts:
Are Your Teachable? Do you receive instruction well? Take advice well? What is some of the beat advice you have received?
 
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment