"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Training for Truth

"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." Col 3:15
 

Tears streamed down my face unhidden. "God, thank you, thank you for healing me and letting me run 6 miles today."
 The track at the gym was desolate. I didn't need anything distracting me. Moving slow, one mile at a time, I remained patient. I prayed before I ran and I prayed during my run.
My run was such an emotional experience. I was hypersensitive with so many thoughts and feeling wanting to confuse me before I even started.
Running is such a head game. Part of training includes training your mind. It is deciphering what is a feeling and what is a fact. The same goes through with LIFE.

I had to remind myself TRUTH:
"Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered."    Proverbs 28:26
  • I can run
  • I was made to run
  • I am healing, be smart.
  • It's not about pace or distance; it's about running.
I had to be aware of EMOTIONS:
"The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? "Jeremiah  17:9
  • Disappointment
  • Discouragement
  • Weakness
  • Fear
The TRUTH will Set You Free!

"But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts..." Mat. 15:18-19
Being injured is like being hurt. You are full of emotions. We can control our emotions when we control our mind. But if we do not control our emotions they will speak to ourselves and others.

When I coach I train the kids Strong Mind.
As I ran, I exercised my mind, keeping it free from toxic thoughts. Thoughts that would prevent me from having a victorious run.

As the warm tears saturated my cheeks I felt my knees buckle. I wanted to drop to my knees in gratitude. Humbled by Gods love for me.

For those out there struggling. Keep your mind Strong. Keep your emotions under control. If you let your Emotions become Facts they will not only hurt you but you will hurt others with them as well. You will believe the feelings you let control you.

I have had those runs where I have allowed garbage in and I had garbage back out.

When I allow God to saturate my thoughts with his Truth and Promises I am secure in myself and my training. I go in His assurance leaving no room for insecurity to distract me.

Do you struggle with allowing your emotions to effect your training?
How does that effect your training?

Anita
Alec decided to go for a run today! 4 blocks! lol
I was riding a bike behind him. We were picking up my bike Austin left at the school yesterday. So thankful that Austin has left such a impression at the school. They brought the bike into the school to keep it for him. When he left it there, the workers actually got very concerned for him. They called the local police to try and locate Austin because he had mysteriously left and not taken his bike. It is the best feeling to have people tell you "your son is so polite, he is a really good kid."


No comments:

Post a Comment