"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Stability

At times, life has the ability to  lead us to the edge of chaos. Our schedules get busy, relationships get altered, our health may fail or we may even be struggling with the health of our loved ones.
There are a million scenarios that lead us to instability.

 
I personally find myself unstable in different arenas and in different seasons of life. Sometimes we find ourselves unstable emotionally, physically, financially or even spiritually to name a few.   

I wanted to share our sermon with you today. It really spoke to me,

"A doubleminded man is unstable in his way." James 1:8

" Draw near to God and he will draw near to you, cleanse your hands ye sinners; And purify your hearts ye doubleminded." 4:8

1. What do you do about DOUBLEMINDEDNESS?
Discover where is comes from.

Cleanse Your Hands: Proper Actions
Purify Your Heart: Proper Attitudes

In this world we are tossed to and fro. Todays message reminded me that I will be tossed into elements of instability if I do not keep my focus and heart towards the Lord.
When I draw near to him he will draw near to me and set my feet on solid ground.

Being doubleminded is not being focused on what Gods will for me is. I have allowed my thoughts or actions to not line up with Gods purpose and plan for my life. This is my version of being doubleminded in the season I am right now.


Sometimes I find myself doubleminded when I let others rent space in my head. I have too many thoughts worrying about what others are thinking or saying about me . I forget that God is my judge not man. No matter how righteous man may appear to be they are not our judge. People have the right to define you however they choose. But we have the right to accept it or accept our identity in Christ.

Gods word tells us to not be offended. I find myself instable when I get offended or hurt by the words or actions that have been spoken by others.
I was so grateful for Gods wisdom in the message today.

God speaks to everyone differently.  God spoke to me today reminding me to;
Cleanse my hands, Have proper actions.
Purify my heart, Have a proper attitude.

How do I do this, Draw near to God?
God will draw near to me. He will comfort me and convict me with love. He will give me security in a place I may find myself confused or insecure.
He will give me what I need in HIS time, all the time giving me Peace in the process.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Rundown:
My body felt more secure than my mind today. I was so thankful God made my body strong so I could run both physically but also emotionally as well.
I ran without my Garmin on again. I ended up running 4 miles.
Andy ran with me. We are both nursing injuries. We were running down a side street, and saw a old man sitting on the back of his tailgate. He was sitting with his dog when he shouted in a gruff voice, "Hey! You two need to quit running so fast!"
We laughed politely and kept running on. At a safe distance I whispered to Andy, "He thought this was fast? Good grief, if we go any slower the turtles are going to lap us!"

I was at peace with my pace knowing the passion is to RUN right now, that was my Happy Pace.  

Prayers PLEASE. Aunt Lois is struggling with extreme fatigue and discouragement from her 14 hour chemo treatment last week. She could really use some prayers for strength and reassurance.
Anita



Anita



No comments:

Post a Comment