"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Saturday, November 16, 2013

ER visit.

So I had an Emergency room visit yesterday during work. I probably shouldn't share this because it is kind of personal; However, it is another typical "Anita Story"!

Couple things you may not know about me:
  1. I do not drink water. I drink water to make my coffee. I order water with my meals. I drink water at bedtime but only because I am so parched due from NOT drinking H20 all day. Water makes me cold and I HATE being cold.
  2. I am not on any med except for my stupid thyroid medicine which I don't take properly either. It really urks me that I take my health so serious and yet STILL end up having to take a stupid pill the rest of my life.
  3. I ran with Danielle on Thursday for 5 miles. I did not drink any water after this run unless of course you count my coffee!

On Thursday I made a comfort food dinner. I baked and stuffed a chicken serveing it with, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn and I made homemade sweet beets. I actually made that beets Wednesday but we had them for dinner Thursday as well.
I had gone to the bathroom several times and noticed my urine was very dark. I knew I had not drank any water and just dismissed this as I have done before. But Thursday night I got home late from my sons CC banquet and noticed my urine was still dark and I had drank 16oz of water. Concerned I made Andy get out of bed and come look.
Andy being the nurse he is began asking me a million questions and asked me to please give the DR. a call in the morning. Andy asked if I had any pain because there was definitely blood in my urine. "No, I feel fine I think." I responded.
Friday I go into work and my schedule is a typical Friday day; booked solid from 8am-5pm.
Now my stomach was cramping a bit and I felt bloated. I cancelled part of my day out and asked my manager if I could run to the 24hour clinic to get checked. Even she looked worried as she replied "Yes"

I was very happy to get right in. Within 30 minutes I had signed in, peed in a cup and was waiting for the results.
NEGATIVE! I heard the DR talking outside my curtain. "Are you sure? She is negative, Really?"
My urine was still dark, my belly was bloated and I had no answers.
When the Dr. came back in my little curtain cubby he handed me my discharge papers.
"You really should drink more water."
I suddenly had a brain fart!
"Dr, I made beets for dinner and have eaten quite a lot of them...."
He started laughing and said "Yes, the beats most likely cause this and because you don't drink any water your urine would look like it has blood in it!"
As for the cramping I think I just got myself all worked up!
NOTE TO SELF...DRINK more WATER eat less beats!

Tomorrow is KONA Chocolate Run! And tomorrow is RAIN!!!

Remember the contest....Whats the farthest you have ran on the Treadmill??!

I gotta go get some water, Goodnight!
Anita

6 comments:

  1. So glad it wasn't anything serious!! You need to drink water every day. Urine should be about clear. See you soon. I'm not hearing this rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, drinking water is a horrible hurdle I can not get over. But I am going to make it a New Years Resolution and practice until then!

      Delete
  2. HeHe... beets! Thank goodness it wasn't anything serious! I'm so surprised that you don't need to hydrate more. I drink water 24/7! I don't need water while I run, but I normally don't run over 6 miles either! Carri~A Running bee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carri I am so envious of you. I really do try. Well sometimes! But the beets put a little giggle in it. I seriously thought I was dying! So funny looking back at it!

      Delete
  3. Whew! So glad nothing was wrong... kinda a funny outcome... but lady - DRINK WATER!!!!!! ... I never drank water - was addicted to Diet Coke. Now its the only thing I drink. I am constantly running to the bathroom every hour. That's what 24 oz of water an hour will do to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca Jo, I had to laugh at the outcome that is why I posted it. I really did go back and forth on "How appropriate it would be to write about" But it was so funny..BEETS!? Really..And drink more water. Captian obvious I am NOT!

      Delete