"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, October 28, 2013

Manic Monday ING NYC T-6days




I am kinda Freaking OUT!!! ING NYC is 6 days away.

 47,000 runners and 12,000 volunteers will be surrounding me. This will be the LARGEST race I have ever ran. Chicago and Boston had right around 35,000 runners.
 
There were 1 million spectators cheering me on in Boston.
Over 2.5 million spectators line the course which goes through the city's five boroughs: Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens, the Bronx, and Manhattan.
 
I will begin my 26.2 miles on Staten Island and end in Central Park!!

Well as I write this I have noticed my anxiety has elevated along with my heart skipping beats.
I think I am going to try and chill out. Maybe I will have another piece of homemade Buttermilk Pie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update:
The poor little dog Lady: I took her flowers Saturday after work. Only a young guy holding a baby came to the door. It appeared he knew who I was. It was probably a give away with me holding the bouquet of flowers. SHE was the grandma that comes over a couple times a week to watch her grandchild. She brings her little dogs with her. He was very apologetic which gave the entire experience a awkwardness because I was so sorry for her as well. I was disappointed that she wasn't there but it was probably for the best.

Signed up for another race! "Call Me Crazy One more time!!"
Javon and Joan were 2 of Ariel's very good friends. They are coming to Clarkston to run the Clarkstons Back Road Half Marathon and 10K. This is the first year for the race.
I have gotten very close to them over the last year. I am not sure how well I am even going to be able to walk let alone RUN 1 week after my Marathon but to see Joan complete her 1st Half Marathon and Javons'  first 10k, I wouldn't miss it!
They are the darned cutest couple. Joan is smaller than me. She is close to smurf size. And JAVON, He is like the Jolly Green Giant. But he is a BIG buttercup and Joan is a little spit fire! I love that they both are running. So I just have to be out there!

RUNDOWN:
TAPERING!! 30 minutes easy bike and 1 mile walk around the track. Rolled stretched and gave my donut to a homeless lady!

Who else is running the Clarkston Back Roads???
Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment