"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Attack Dogs!

Laughter is the closest thing to the grace of God.
- Karl Barth


I am something to laugh about. I often do goof ball moves that I find myself laughing about.  Often times I shoot moves that I want to cry over and make myself laugh at.

Today during my run was a laugh moment. I went up to the gym to run the back roads. It is really convenient to run the back roads by the gym because I can go right into the cold plunge when I am finished.
This morning was beautiful. Even thought it was 55 degrees I thought that a tank top and shorts would be good. The first mile it was chilly. But from that point on the temperature was ideal.

I like running with my music in my ears, however, I get nervous about loose dogs.
I am a bit of scaredy cat runner if you haven't noticed. From freaky looking pedophile vans to bears to wild dogs attacking me I am always looking over my shoulder.
Today I set out to run an easy 5. I was approaching mile 2 when I saw something moving a few hundred feet ahead of me. I turned down my music while squinting my eyes. I desperately tried to focus on the large animal up ahead of me. My eyes were not making sense of this dark figure so I slowed my pace down. My heart began to skip beats the closer I got to it. Still not being able to make my vision focus I nervously lifted my sun glasses off my face to see what was about to attack me.
It wasn't 1 animal..It was 4 animals that I counted!! All barking like lunatics and all about 20 lbs! They were not vicious attack dogs rather a handful of ankle biters!! I was cracking up at myself as I had fearfully moved to the opposite end of the street in sheer panic of the little rug rats!
They don't look so scary behind a invisible fence!


I had a great run this morning. After running I stretched, rolled, did some planks and hit the cold plunge.
I have not been in the cold plunge in over 3 weeks. And when you go that long it is like starting all over. It was Horrible. I thought my legs were being shredded with a potato peeler. "Paula" was at the gym and chatted with me to keep my mind off the torture. But I still was in tears and hadn't had my legs in for 30 seconds! I made it to 14 minutes only pulling my legs out once. The pain was unbearable or I just got wimpier.

“Blessed are the forgetful; for they get the better even of their blunders”

 
All said and done everything went pretty smooth until I lost my key faub at the gym. UGh. Typical airhead move. I knew I shouldn't have taken it off my key ring. I knew that I had a better chance of losing it then remembering where I put it.
*********************************************************************
RUNDOWN:
Distance:5.05
Ave. Pace: 7:58
Time: 40:12
*********************************************************************
This week is the Detroit Half Marathon. Andy asked me to run it with HIM. I think that is a good idea to both support him and also keep myself injury free for the next couple weeks.

I got my BIB number for ING New York City!!!
Bib # 18010
I am getting so very excited about running this. Please pray for Safety. After Boston I am a bit nervous.. I guess we can add bombs to the list of my fears I have...running next to dogs, bears and weirdos in vans!


Runners what are YOU afraid of?
Please tell me something so I don't feel like a paranoid runner!!

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment