"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, December 12, 2011

Great books to inspire, motivate and educate the runner!

A new season is upon us runners. It is called WINTER. This is a time to cross train, recover, and pull the reigns of mileage in a bit.  I get pretty burnt out about this time.
Yesterday I was dertermined to get a run in. I love running on Sundays. For two Sundays I have not had my favorite date with my Brooks.
I looked at my "Daily Mile" and noticed I only needed 2 more miles to complete 1000 MILES in 2012! To be very honest with you I just was not in the mood to run. But I knew once I laced up everything would fall into place. I didn't do anything amazing or spectacular in terms of running. What I decided to do to get me to my 1000 miles was Farteks!
Fartlek, a Swedish term that means "speed play," is a form of interval or speed training that can be effective in improving your speed and endurance.
Off I went, I ran at an average pace then decided to go as hard as I could to the mailbox and then bring it back down. I huffed and puffed and waited for my heart rate to reach a comfortable thump only to do it all over again. Run, run fast, try and catch my breath and do it all over again. 4 miles. mailbox to mailbox and when there were no mailboxes close enough; sign to sign or car to car, I ran those farteks all the way to my Goal:1000 miles before 2012!! The best thing about Goals are ACHIEVING them!!
"You'll never achieve your dreams if they don't become goals."
TODAY: Busy, too busy and trying to put my wonder woman cape on and achieve it all! Problem is my cape is full of holes I am am feeling a bit overwhelmed. 
I did a gym work out. I did a little bit of a lot to try and change things up. I walked a little on a 1% incline, ran 4 miles at the same incline, elliptical, core and 200 crunches.  I got my sweat on but I still had potential to stronger faster harder...Just wasn't feeling it! That's the GREAT thing about winter..No guilt, no training, no races!! 


I wanted to share some books that I have read and some books that others have enjoyed:
These are good books to be encouraged by, inspired by , motivated and educated by!!

Great book, I have Read for Beginning Marathoners. Easy to read, running plans, tips and advice from sports experts. Also good information about nutrition and injury prevention.
I am currently reading this book. It is great, it has something for everyone. Packed with a little of this and that from testimonies, to quotes, facts, motivation and encouragement. "Long May you Run" is a book that makes Everyone feel Elite!


OK..I will be honest..I wanted to buy a pair of Vibram five fingers after reading this!! lol. My knee was acting up in February when I was reading this and I was sure it was because of my shoes!! I went to PT and it was my IT Band!! Clint Verran gave me Brooks Ghost...NOT Vibrams!! But the Books sure is Convincing, great little mystery, true story!











"Ryan Hall, Running with Joy is the only one I have read, I like it because you see that even the best have bad days, want to quit, endure/don't endure pain during a race, realize at that level its not just about them, could go on but you get the point!"



New year is right around the corner...What are some Goals that you have in mind? Are you one who likes to set Goals? Are you one that doesn't set Goals because you struggle keeping them?

2 Chronicles 15:7 "But you, take courage! Do not let your hands be weak, for your work shall be rewarded.” 

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment