"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, December 15, 2011

CHILL OUT!! Merging this concept with PEOPLE!

This is where Running and life just Merge.
It is that time to Chill OUT. Time to calm down. Time to not take your running so SERIOUS.
"WHY SO SERIOUS?"!

Here are some Tips on how to CHILL OUT With out Loosing IT!!..(That is what we think anyway, the voices that haunt us and try to convince us we will loose our strength, endurance and stamina.)
Katie and Danielle. Love our Lil Runner Club~

Chilling OUT with Running
1. Scale back those miles. According to RW Magazine " Your longest run should be 1/3 to 1/2 the distance of your Prebreak long run."
2. Cross train: Grab a class. Take the winter to do that class you have always wanted but never had time to do with your running regimen. Stronger, Faster Better...Strength train, yoga, speed work, REST
3. Grab lunch with those friends you have neglected during your training season.
4. Enjoy a brisk walk. "Danielle" was sharing with Katie today at Indian Springs some of her tips. "Danielle" said that after a long run (like we were doing) that she will follow it the next day with a nice walk on the treadmill. Your muscles get tiny tears in them and don't usually heal properly during our running season because of constant training, Let your muscles rest and love you again!
5. Find some Fun Runs...And Have fun. Winter races, Christmas runs, Evening races.....Out of the box!

The MERGE
"He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city." Proverbs 16:32
Chilling OUT with LIFE
Do you ever feel like some people loose their minds during the Holidays? I have had the unfortunate luck to often be on "These Peoples" Wrath around the holidays. As much as I love people I find that I "like" them a whole lot more from a distance. A nice Healthy Distance! It is like from Thanksgiving to New Years everyday is a full MOON! It is almost like people take the liberty as the end of the year draws near to vomit all their bitterness and resentments they have. To purge. And if you are their PUKE bucket...I feel sorry for ya...Been there! 
Here are some tips on how to avoid those arguments.

1. "You don't have to go to every Argument you are Invited to."
Everyone has an opinion. But we do not have to entertain a conversation we do not agree with. We can gently agree to disagree. Do not Bite. Get out before the fire burns to big and you get burnt. 

2. "Stay Out of the Sandbox"
Even if others can not control their words does not mean you do not have to. Recognize sentences that start off with "YOU..." This can be like a handful of sand in the eyes. As soon as we feel attacked we retaliate anger with anger.  Get out quick!! Stay calm and focused. Most arguments that start out accusatory are being represented from anger. Control your response.

3. "Hurting People Hurt People" 
Try to be compassionate to the underlining conversation. See if you can recognize where their tone and direction are going and also where their hurt was birthed. If you think you can effectively converse with them after this go for it. Just commit to yourself not to sucked in and cornered. 
Proverbs 15:1 " A soft answer turneth away wrath, but grievous words stir up anger."

4. "My Life CANNOT be what YOU figured OUT"!
There are always those who have an agenda and are waiting to pounce. Those who want to tell you what you have done wrong, what you should be doing or how you should be doing it. There is nothing wrong with this if it is done with a pure heart. There is a difference between ACCOUNTABILITY AND JUDGMENTAL. 

5. CHILL Out.
Colossians 3:15 " And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also we are called to one body, and be ye thankful."
Try not to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays. Take time to breath, pray and enjoy the simple things. The more active we get, the more we bite off, the more we raise our expectations of ourselves, only makes us more vulnerable to tension and anxiety. In our exhaustion we will say and do things we might not normally do. Take responsibility for yourself and your actions. Squeezing 12 hours of agenda into a 10 hour day is only going to frustrate and disappoint you when you can not achieve it all. And this can spew out-uncontrolled and disastrous hurting yourself and others.

6. Don't try to make Sense from Senselessness because SOMETIMES it just does make sense Period!
I have gotten into the sandbox...a few times. I always end up pulling myself out too late.  I later try to figure it out. I THINK WAY to much. It saturates into every inch of my head. I used to always go in and apologize even if it wasn't my fault. This took the responsibility off them..enabling. You can not control what others say about you or think of you. You can only control YOURSELF and your actions.!
Katie..and I.She is "The Crazy Runner girl!

Danielle and I
The RUNDOWN:
Time: 1:10
Pace:8:42
Distance:8:01
Comments: All week long they have been calling for rain Wednesday and Thursday. Katie had confirmed our run for Thursday on Wednesday night. I had yet to hear from Danielle. I got a message from her about 6:30 in the morning.  "Sorry, I think its a dreadmill day :( rainy!! See you in a few Thursdays??" I knew she would be changing her mind....
8:08 am "ok so i finally got my weather map up. 15% chance of rain, your call" 
I was already dressed and off!!
It was the prettiest part of the day today. Our Run. 55 degrees and spotty sunshine. Danielle made me jealous showing up in shorts. Katie and I were dumping our sweatshirts and jackets on the path we got so toasty! I hope you were able to take full advantage of this day in December.  It was a gift!


I love the holidays, I see so much more beauty than I do chaos. I have to make a constant effort to not let the little bit of negative emotion not sabotage the beauty that is encircling me. There are different areas that I work on, right now I seem to be working mostly on Step 6.. I can not make sense of other people. And it just isn't my business too!! People can rationalize and justify their behavior all day long. That is theirs to do so. ..Easier to say then do..hence why I am working on it!! 
What one do you recognize?
Are you working on more than one?
How is your running going? Are you chilling out a bit?

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment