"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Danger of Refried Beans!

The weather forecast said sunny and 39 degrees. As I layered up I questioned where the sun was. It had not showed up like I had hoped. But regardless of running with the sun I still had to get out there today. I was pumped because Andy was gonna run 7 of my 9 miles with me.

I took off with Sheba while Andy was stretching to get 2 miles in. I felt good. For my birthday Andy had bought me a new Mizuno Running shirt. He said that all I had to wear was this shirt and a light jacket and I would be plenty warm. Not believing him I grabbed my vest to add to the couple layers.

Sure enough at mile 1 I was already toasty. The new Technology is supposed to absorb your sweat without you feeling wet. It actually warms up! I ditched my vest when I arrived home to pick up Andy and drop off Sheba.

I let Andy lead the way towards 7 miles. We were having a great run till about 5 miles when my stomach started squirming. "Oh Crap"...Moms re-fried beans...
Last night mom had us over for my birthday and made us dinner..Mexican.
I thought I would be ok...so I kept running. Then "OH CRAP"...I got suddenly hot. I yelled "ANDYY, I need a bathroom quick."
Andy responded "What, Are you kidding me? What is wrong with you, EWE!"
"Oh Shut UPP, I need a bathroom, NOW!"
This is not normal for me. I know this is for some people. I even had a running partner that "this" happened to often, BUT NOT ME!
I quickly assessed my location trying to find the quickest route to a restroom. The Donut shop. We headed the half a block in that direction. Almost in the parking lot we realized they had already closed. We turned around and Andy says through his laughter "The grocery store!". I am running and stopping. I can not believe this is happening. Andy can not believe I am going into the grocery store to ask for a restroom. "No, we do not have Public bathrooms" was the response.
"Oh CRAP" I am panicking. I am sweating and trying not to freak out. I can hardly think where my next stop is. Andy answers quick, still laughing, "The Gas station". Another block away..I think I can..I think I can...
As we approach the Gas station Andy says, "Are you seriously going to go in there and ask for the bathroom?" "YES!!"  I respond. I am beyond being embarrassed. I will be more embarrassed if something else was to happen....
GOOD Times...Running stories..Back to smiling as we safely headed home that last mile.
Mizuno Woman's Breath Thermo stretch

Product Review: Mizuno Breath Thermo Stretch.

  • Designed with Mizuno's "Virtual Body" technology
  • Breath Thermo® changes body moisture to heat for overall warmth
  • Two-way Stretch Breath Thermo for optimal fit
  • Superior moisture absorption
  • Front zip with zipper guard
  • Reflective logo and accent front and back
LOVED it. 5 Stars! Quite expensive at 70$.
It was great for running in 35 degree weather and not having all those layers on. This shirt will get a lot of use this winter! You can find coupons and find sales. This is what Andy did, getting it 20% off.

 RUNDOWN:

MILES 9:33
PACE: 8:37
Comments: Enjoyed the miles more when I was stuffing my face with Mediterranean food for my birthday dinner!!

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment