"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, September 2, 2019

A Light at the End.


Not everyday is a day that I feel good. So when I do feel good I like to embrace it and make the most of it.
I like to try to keep as much normalcy as I can with this cancer. I have adjusted to doing the things I enjoy whether I feel good or bad.
It took me over a week to recover from the carboplatin I received 2 weeks ago. I should have felt better getting Taxol last Wednesday but my body just didn't bounce back as quick as I had hoped.
Wednesday, I was able to run 5 miles and walk another 2 miles. I met Danielle at Clover beach and had so much fun catching up.
Thursday evening, Andy and I went to Complete Runner where Antonio paced a group of us. I was able to keep up and run the whole 5 miles without stopping. I was so excited.
But the real arse kicker was working Friday and Saturday, all day.
I whined a little about getting tired Saturday when Michelle quickly responded "Hey girl, I don't want to hear it, if you can run a 50k you can work!"
I laughed, "Yep, your right."
But I was so exhausted.

I am currently training for my last big race of the year, Marine Corp Marathon.
I still needed a long run for the week.
Sunday night,  a group of us paced Kris and I was able to get 16 miles in.
I have been able to run. I run tired. I run bloated and thick, I run with walk breaks, but I run.
Not every mile looks like the one before it.
Not every mile is pretty or fun but I do  the best where I am at. The key for me is not letting cancer win.
The pain of not doing what I love because I am sick compared to the being a little uncomfortable and doing what I love is is just not worth it. I would rather do is sick than not do what I love at all.

The Light at the End of the Tunnel
"Alec, I am having a good day, I just want to make the best of it...."
A family kayaking trip from Holly to Fenton was not exactly a scene out of the Beaver Cleavers.
Alec was not happy and wanted me to know about it for 3 hours of kayaking.
I was sooo happy, 7 miles down the Shiawassee River, my heart was tickled pink.
However, when the black clouds started rolling in I knew play time was over. The thunder rolled off in the distance and Alec found a second wind, paddling faster.
We were lost, exhausted and very wet when we finally found the end.
So many times we thought we were almost there.....

I thought to myself. 4 more treatment to go. I see the light at the end of the tunnel but I feel like I am still in the storm.
I know the end is near, I just don't have a definitive  date. I have so many unknowns still.
I want to get excited because the end is close, only this journey doesn't end with chemo.

I like to think of the Light though.
Thinking on the things that are positive. Reminding myself of how far I have come and how much I have accomplished.

John 1:5 "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it."
Special Thanks to Danielle for a beautiful meal. 
Holly P. for always spoiling me with Tropical smoothie, about the only thing that settles my belly. 
Antonio R. for blessing me this week with encouraging words. 
Kimberly P. for alwasy bringing me in lunch when she gets her hair done with me. She is such a great cook.
Debbie C. for a fun lunch date at the Flint Crepe Company. 
Holly P. for the incredible oatmeal. SOO good! 
Kathy G. for the fun Tank top. 
Joyce K. for blessing me when I was down. She had no idea that I had a really rough moment when she placed a beautiful bracelet on my arm. 
My Cards, so many beautiful cards and words of support and encouragement. THANK YOU. 

Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment