"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, October 15, 2018

Detroit Free Press T-6days-Goals


Goals?
To finish? Not good enough.
To Finish in under 4 hours. Maybe not setting the goal hard enough.
To have FUN? Yeah...I like that goal. No pressure.

Seriously...trying to figure out a goal for this marathon is no easy task.
I am still nursing an injury on my left leg from Woodstock 100k.
Road running HURTS.

I am thinking I have blindly morphed into a trail runner. I would rather get hurt tripping over roots then feel every pounding sensation on the pavement.
Last week, after my 10 miler on the pavement my hip jacked up on me all day. It was the strangest thing. I NEVER have hip issues.

There is something special about running in the trails hidden from the pollution of daily life.
Just me and nature.

A TAPER RUN at Holdridge. 

Intermediate Plan.
This week INCLUDING the marathon total miles are 35.2 miles
The Runners World Big Book of Marathon and Half Marathon Training. 

The Advanced training still only has you running 11 miles total not including your Marathon. 

Good reminders to TAKE IT EASY!
This reminder was great today because I didn't have any MOTIVATION to run! It was 49' out and rainy. The coffee was good and the warm bed was even better. I may have snuck back in after I made Alec's breakfast, lunch and saw him off to school.
I knew if I didn't SUCK it UP and get out there I wouldn't run AT ALL.

Motivating yourself to run in cold wet weather needs backup. I was so glad to see my friends were more resilient than I was. I leached on to their run to get me 8 miles this morning.
HOW Many Mushrooms/Fungi  Can YOU NAME? 


 I had a great run, 6 miles on the West loop @ Holdridge and 2 miles of hiking/mushroom hunting on the North Loop.


CONTEST.....Who Wants to Win some "FUN"gus fall goodies?

2 DAYS only...Who can NAME the most Mushrooms/Fungus from the pictures above?
Wedneday is the Deadline.
*** YOU MUST COMMENT BELOW TO WIN! IN THE COMMENT SECTION OF THE BLOG.


SOME FUN MARATHON TWEETS:
Good thing its not 26.3, because that would be insane.
TOENAILS are overrated.
You are NOT almost there.
Some day you won't be able to do this, TODAY is NOT that day!


"Marathons are extraordinarily difficult, but if you've got the training under your belt, and if you can run smart, the races take care of themselves." Deena Kastor

ANITA~

No comments:

Post a Comment