"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, October 18, 2018

Detroit Freepress Marathon T-3 days

"I want to run every race with a big heart."
- Ryan Hall

I recently organized a bunch of my running shirts.
I have several shirts from Detroit Races. I have ran all distances. The 5k, several half marathons and a few marathons.
The farthest back shirt I found was from 2007. I am pretty sure that was my first Half Marathon. I ran that with a torn ACL.
That was the FIRST time I tore my ACL, I tore it in October, I didn't know exactly what I had injured but I knew that if I went to the DR's they would NOT let me race. I promised myself to get through my half marathon THEN go and get accessed.
And I followed through and ended up having surgery just weeks later.

I have ran it with Lacey, and I have helped pace Claudia for her first Marathon in Detroit.

I didn't run today.
I did have a fabulous breakfast with my girlfriend Holly at the Broken Yolk in Lk Orion. They have the best Raspberry Crepes.
I also had a wonderful pre-race massage with Lacey at Massage Green.

But I didn't run.

I made my list for the race, packing enough for a half dozen races. Hopefully, I won't forget anything. Like the one year I ran with Danielle and forgot my running shoes for Rock CF half marathon.
True Story.
Typical Anita~

Good News, It is going to be 1' warmer at 42' now and SUNNY! The wind alert is GONE! I think I am going to attempt to wear a running skirt. And layer up on top.

You may not hear from me again until after my Marathon. Keep this pipsqueak in prayer. I am still nursing that injured leg.
Goal: sub 4 hour marathon. 
Time: 3h:56min.  Average pace 9min/mi. I would seriously do the happy dance if I ran that the way I have been feeling.


"We runners are all a little nutty, but we're good people who just want to enjoy our healthy, primitive challenge. Others may not understand running, but we do, and we cherish it. That's our only message."
- John J. Kelley
ANITA~

2 comments:

  1. I don't see running shoes on that list... ha-ha I see shoes and socks at the bottom though so hopefully you will remember it <3 Have a great race

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Anita. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in the Word of God and your determination to run every race with a big heart. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 39 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have you come with your family or encourage other young people from your contact to go to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede.

    ReplyDelete