"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Trail legs

It is taking some time to get my groove back on the trails. Last Monday, I ran 18 miles at Holdridge. I had my butt handed to me. The rest of the week I was trying to play make up. There was not a day in the week that was kind to me. I camped out in the hurt locker all week.

I knew it was going to hurt all week and then some. This week I am trying to slowly increase my miles both on the trails and weekly miles.

QUALITY VS QUANITY
I was actually quite surprised to add my miles up last week.
Monday: Holdridge trails: 18
Tuesday: XC: 2 miles
Wednesday: Roads recovery 6miles , XC 2miles=8 miles
Thursday: Wilderness Trail: 18 miles
Total miles= 46 miles

I had a full week of recovery after my marathon, running only 6 miles afterwards.
Racking up major miles is second to running quality miles. My goal was to get between 40-45 miles for the week. Adding XC miles is really not miles to count, they are  just "Junk miles",miles that look like a ran numbers.
My second goal of the week was to get 2 long runs in. 2 quality long runs. This is one of the reasons I was so sore. I ran my long runs more solid. They still hurt but I let my body recover in between them so I was able to run more efficient.

HIGHLAND LOOPS: 
Date: May19th
Where: Highland Rec
Distance: 16 miles..more like 17!
Last years time: 3:03:15

This weeks goal: Keep running stronger, faster and more miles at Highland Rec.
Matt Claudia and I ran the course today.
I felt good most of the time. I took up the rear letting those two do most of the chatting. The last few miles Matt had Claudia lead.
I knew I was in trouble when Claudia was up front. She took out like a bull out of the gate.
I had already took a pretty good tumble but I recovered well. Claudia was cruising on the down hills. I tried to keep up but there was a lil gap in there where I had fell back. I struggle moving out that fast. It felt great to run downhill, hit the switchbacks and feel the wind against my face. The gap between us was a gentle reminder that I still have some work to do and only a week to do it!


I am going to be patient with my body. But I am running sore again this week. Tomorrow is a day to recover.
We ran great today. We also had a little mid run fun.
Wednesday and Thursday I need to run hard.
I am curious to see how my body recovers.

RUNDOWN: 
 If you want to clear you head, run alone, if you want to run faster, run in a pack.
I liked the push today.
Where: Highland loops
Distance: 17 miles
Time: 3:03
We had a lot of fun. We got through our 17 miles in 3hours and 3 minutes. A good solid run.

Anita~




No comments:

Post a Comment