"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, March 16, 2017

The Broom Tree. Deadly D's.

Quiet run at Holdridge with a great group.
We were all feeling a bit beat up.
Took this run one breath,
One step,
one hill,
and one mile at a time.
We embraced each moment we were in;
being fully engaged in our surroundings.
Sometimes you have to close off the voices between your ears
and engage in your moments with gratitude for the little things.
This is where true strength is birthed.
#strengthinGod #trailrun #runnerlife #holdridgetrails #gloryisgods
my IG.


I taught a young womans bible study last night.
I taught the very thing I battle with. I hate the struggle, the fight, the battle, it often feels like a loss.
I have been victorious in so many ways. I have been spoiled ROTTEN and blessed beyond measure and yet......
I hear that voice...The voice of a Jezebel. She haunts me..she screams in my ears..her words are like daggers. I can't muffle them. I cant shut them down.
I know they are defeat, I know they are discouragement. I know they are disillusionment...
I find myself shaking in the afternoon sun with anxiety.
GOD...Mute those words. PLEASE.
I had a great run. I run with great people.
I go to an appointment and the technician shares her deepest hurts with me, in tears, telling me how I have a gift for people.
Back in my truck the voices echo...louder and louder...Until I forget God has equipped me. Prepared me...Provided for me
My phone is saturated with text messages and calls from friends and family that love me.
My girlfriend stopped over for coffee and to get a fill of laughter and coffee. I smiled as I shut the door....
I opened my bible and started studying Elijah. 1 Kings chapter 18-19.
I was asked to lead this bible study and I looked at myself and thought I shouldn't be the one to lead these ladies. I am a mess. I'm so broken. I'm a heathen. I hear the words of Jezebel drowning Gods promises over me. John 10:10 "The thief comes to steal,rob and destroy...."

My Victories are forgotten, unmentionable, are yesterdays shadows and I lay under the broom tree.
Defeated. Depressed. Discouraged. Despaired. Disillusioned.
The big "D" clouds my vision of my victories like Elijah, and hushes God voice.

I feel like God is a million miles away and yet I know he is as close as my heartbeat.   

I want to hear him and I want to stay hidden under the tree.

BUT that tree is Renewal. Restoration.
See God brought Elijah a messenger to Help restore him.
REST.. EAT, REST EAT.

Buried beneath the daunting voices of Jezebal I needed Gods sweet voice.
EAT Anita.
REST Anita.

And I did.

When we reach the end of ourselves if we eat and rest we can hear the Lord.

We are reminded of what Gods plan is for us. We are prepared to continue to fight the good fight. We are able to shut down the voices of the Jezebel in our life that speaks death and defeat to us.


Anita~




2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank YOU Karla, you are such a great encourager. I appreciate you sharing you thoughts on this. Love you~

      Delete