"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, March 13, 2017

Helping a brother out!


"A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words."
Apple CRISP...Sun Shining..Crisp Winter Run!

Ahh, green tea and the smooth tunes of Childish Gambino, Redbone ringing in my ears.
Music loud enough to hear nothing and feel everything.
The tea hot but not enough to burn and sweet enough to calm any circulating thoughts.
Such a happy place to recount my morning trail run.

A friend of mine was planning a 32 mile training run today. Waiting to hear their plans I held off to see if they wanted some company.
When I got the OK, I sent out a bunch of calls, messages and texts.

Luke 6:31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

I have ran 32 miles and I have had friends jump in making almost every mile enjoyable.
Running 6-8 hours solo...Ohh I have done this too. Its so painful mentally and physically.

I have been blessed with some amazing friends. Sometimes I look at the awesomeness in my crew and don't understand why God has blessed me so much. I can hear the words my enemies have said about me. They leave me confused. I begin to believe them. I fight them. I try to remove them but they haunt me. Words Haunt, hurt, disable you, especially when they come from those you love and you think should LOVE you.
BUT THEN....God gives you affirmation through friendships that are strong. He reminds you, sometimes its a whisper and sometimes its a roar.

Today when 4 girlfriends, running partners, showed up to help a fellow runner run their long run I so fell in love with my crew.
Because it was 19 degrees, but felt like 9'. There was 2 inches of snow on the trail and still snowing.

We ran at Holly Rec. The trail is a 6 mile loop if you come back to the car. We came back to the car a few times. We picked more girls and dropped some off.

Everyone was full smiles. We ran a easy pace allowing everyone to stay together. I trailed in the back, my favorite place.

Ahh....OH Wonder..."Without you"...in my ears...Such a great song...Ahh
Squirrel...Sorry

I never really got cold. I was doubled layered, we all were. The trails were so romantic. Soft white snow laid gently across the tree limbs. The ground glistened pure and white. The woods were in full glory.

I only ran 2 loops, about 11 miles. My calves were burning from my run with Lacey Sunday.
I had 29 miles in 2 days.
Sundays Long run, Lacey and Holly

Claudia, Erin and I ducked out together. These girls, LOVE them. I am looking forward to my summer trail runs with them. 
Kris and Rachel held strong on the trails. Those girls are tough as nails.

But all good things come to an end.. the run ended, the smiles remain.

And now the tea is gone and I am ready to close it up too.

People say best friends are hard to find -- that's because the best is already mine!


Anita~~






No comments:

Post a Comment