"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Cant walk and chew gum!

Galatians 6:9
"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart."


A week overdue. A week less of my ramblings.
We are merging into week 11 of marathon training.

WHY is this training any different than all the other marathons?

BECAUSE I am older, busier, sorer, and whinier!
Because I love Lacey and I so badly want her to get to BOSTON. This being said, being her running partner we are in this together.

I have morphed into trail running.
This whole pavement pounding, road running cocktailed with track workouts.. stinks.

Glass City Marathon is APRIL 23, SUNDAY. I have yet to have a training run that I feel secure in.

March 2
Holdridge: Trails
Run with Kris
8 miles
Pushing snow and fallen trees

March 5
Bicentennial Park, Grand Blanc: Pavement
Run with Holly and Lacey
17.2 miles
9:03 min/mi
Windy Whinefest

March 6
Holly Rec: Trails
Run with Lacey, Paula and Matt
10.2 miles
SURPRISE! Lacey, at last minute told me she could ran with me on this Monday. We joined Matt and his wife on the trails. Lacey does NOT run trails, but she loves me and actually suggested running trails.

March 8
GAC: Treadmill
Run with Jeff
7.25
1 mile w/u 6x800m repeats w/400m recovery, easy jog. 1.5 easy
Track-1 miles easy with 3 strides.

Today..Was the suffering on the TM next to Jeff. Every time I hit another repeat I threw my hand up with the number I just completed with overwhelming excitement. "Just knocked off another one!" Jeff couldn't hear anything I was saying, he was trying to drown out his own suffering with music.


We were both a mess when we finished. Kay, a coaching partner of mine was texting me on the TM. When she realized I was responding during my run she text me "OMG, wth. Your gonna break your neck. You can't walk and chew gum at the same time."
Do you know how hard it is to laugh and do speed work on a TM?
During my recovery I sent her selfies. This about tipped her over the edge.

KAY was SO Correct...
I finished my run, even got my core work in. But only because I had Jeff keeping an eye on me.
The rest of the day...TOTAL Mental catastrophe. Nothing fired properly after leaving the gym.
I couldn't walk and chew gum no matter how hard I tried.
AIRHEAD MOVES:
  1. Meeting mom and maw maw at the Green Apple at 9:45..Arrived..but without much makeup, I LOST IT!
  2. Maw maw wanted to go to Big lots after breakfast. I sat in the parking lot of KMART for 10 minutes looking for them!
  3. After discovering my error I heading up Dixie Hwy to Big LOTS...PASSING it. I didn't even know I passed it until I was in Clarkston on the other side of Waterford Hill.
  4. My girlfriend needed her hair done this afternoon. As I headed out to her house, I drove RIGHT pass her complex. AGAIN!
  5. At Terri's house I began emptying my bag with her goodies in it. I had just spoke to that HOUR as I was at the store. "Terri, do you need me to get you anything?" She asked me to pick her up some Shampoo...NO Shampoo in the BAG. I forgot to purchase it.
NOT DONE YET...
At this point I should just barricaded my self in a little white room with padded walls. I SHOULD NOT have been doing HAIR. But we had some very tragic circumstances this week and it HAD to happen. As I was spraying Terri/s hair down, I smelled something very strong. I just used the water bottle she had sitting on the table. "ANITA, That is alcohol in that bottle!"  AHHHHH! I had just sprayed half her head with it!

One thing after another. Everyday has been crazy. From the moment I left the gym my brain never fired right again. Its a good thing I wasn't CHEWING GUM!



"And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." Galatians 6:9
I didn't sleep well last night. My mind was churning with all the projects, deadlines and details I had to accomplish for the week. My body is tired. I have not eaten properly, in my scatterbrained schedule eating has not been penciled in accurately.
I am sure many of you can relate to this busy schedule.
There are several problems with being overbooked. For me I get anxiety, fatigue and I get discouraged. I try so hard to have a good attitude. I try not to let my venom spew on my loved ones and when it does...I know its time to put myself in TIME OUT. Re-evaluate my list, Re-connect with ME, and Re-cover any damage I may have caused.
Take a breath and don't loose heart.

Anita~

"One of the most miserable people in all of the world is the person who spends every waking hour trying to find something that will make "ME" happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment