"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, March 26, 2017

One Thing at a Time

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. you will be a well watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail"--Isaiah 58:11

A busy week. A week of deadlines, disciplines and  decisions. I don't know about you but when I am pulled in a million different directions I make really poor choices. I get flustered and Satan takes reeks havoc on me.

As I finish out my week, I am comforted by the amount of peace I am carrying. I had several opportunities to really flub things up.
But I tackled each event, idea, each situation separately and individually.
One thing at a time.
I tried not to entangle my circumstances into one cluster. I prayed independently from one matter to the next.
I have several weakness. However, by the grace of God they were strengthened into the areas I really need something bigger than myself.

RUNDOWN: Collision
My long run was shortened this week due to a interrupted schedule.
THE PLAN: Half Marathon @ marathon pace. 
Lacey and I were going to run from my house. Unfortunately, the rain had me quickly altering our plans. With just minutes to spare before Lacey showed up, I sent her a text telling her to change her clothes, I was taking her to Genesys. Running in 42' and rain was NOT something I wanted to do. I was still recovering from all the mud slinging the week before.

Running in shorts, Lacey and I had to get rolling. Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest...Not at all the case for me. I had back to back events. And running got squeezed in.

The track was busy with walkers, runners, tennis players and people in between. Lacey had a solid 7 miler on Saturday and I could hear her breathing in our first couple miles.
We were running in our 5th mile and Lacey mentioned something about me being perky. I told her our pace and reminded her what we were supposed to be running.
We never slowed up again. Lacey is a tough cookie. She apologized and made a intention switch to pick it up and bring it in.

We ran strong. We counted our laps together. Because it takes 2 of us to count laps! I felt great, we actually were hitting our laps faster than our marathon pace.
The only watch I was keeping an eye on was my little purple Timex. And the only thing I could see was our splits.
At mile 10, I happened to look up at the large overhead clock. 1:12pm. I panicked. There was no time to get in 13 miles. I was pushing it to get in 12 miles.
We held our own. Ran hard to 12 miles then used mile 12 as a recovery mile.
1.8:47
2. 9:00
3. 8:38
4. 8:43
5. 8:45
6. 8:25
7. 8:26
8. 8:20
9. 8:08
10. 8:01
11. 8:11
Average pace: 8.29: This is MARATHON PACE! We picked it up enough to average us out!
Mile 12...Recovery and I forgot to stop my watch! It was almost 25 minutes after we stretched, rolled and chatted in the locker when I realized I never hit STOP!

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. you will be a well watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail"--Isaiah 58:11

I was pretty stoked at how God had taken care of this run. He knows my frame and strengthen me.
Just hitting it one mile at a time~

Anita~




No comments:

Post a Comment