"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Lover of quotes, ideas and notes


I decided to clean out the desk drawer today. Every time I opened it papers flipped over catching on the top of the desk. The desk drawer is full of quotes, notes and lessons I have written for church or ideas I have for coaching. Its tangled with pictures of the boys, drawings and every little thing I just can't throw out.

A 10 minute job leaves me reading all my notes and quotes and crying at my yesterdays.

So I thought I would share some of them with you~

  • "Its not what you look at that matters, its what you see." Henry David Thoreau
  • "Once you start appreciating life, that's when you realize how much you truly have to live for."
  • Showing up is always the first step.
  • Can't never go wrong doing right.
  • "If one could run without getting tired I don't think one would often want to do anything else." C.S. Lewis
  • The world is but a canvas to your imagination
  • "I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am a realist enough to know life is a complex matter." Walt Disney
  • Difference between STRONG WILLED and STRONG MINDED
  • "The worse enemy of good is BETTER.

Funny thing. The notes I was looking for...I have NO idea what I did with it. But I have a lot of material..

But I am a listener. Don't get me wrong, I can talk, ALOT. But I love to listen to wisdom, stories, ideas and laughter.

I met Jeff like clockwork for our Wednesday day of torture.
I could listen to Jeff all day long. He always has a new fact, quote or idea that catches me. I have been on the TM trying to record something brilliant he has said in fear I will forget it.
We started with our usual, unconventional ab exercises that hurt for days. I was DETERMINED to try those stupid angled hanging leg things. "COME ON PUPPY!" I could feel myself get red. Jeff knows everyone up there. I could feel all these eyes looking at me. All I could do was laugh THEN tell Jeff to "SHUSH"! I was going to try these stupid things again. I DID 8 OF THEM! Not eloquently or graceful BUT I did it! And my belly is so sore from it!

Wednesday is usually some sort of speed work, for both of us.

TODAY: A makeshift ladder workout.
1 mile W/U
2 400's @ a 5k pace, easy jog 400m recovery
2 800's @ 10K pace, easy 400m recovery.
1 mile at a 10K pace

HOWEVER.....
On my third lap of my 1st mile @ a 10K pace I got this BRAVE idea to go for another mile, no recovery.

I just kept telling myself "Make it to the next lap,"
I counted the minutes down with each lap...
"6 minutes..you can hold this 6 minutes..."
"4 minutes, breath, relax, focus on something other than the numbers and the pain.
"2 minutes, anyone can run for 2 minutes, buckle down and PICK IT UP." And with that I turned it up a little more.

Jeff was done and heaving over the side of his TM and I was right there with him, desperately punching the buttons trying to lower my pace.

I got 6 miles in, I was red faced and sweating.
 
I tried to gain my composure before he says, "OK, lets hit the track and do some strides."
I was like...REALLY? I was still trying to catch my breath as we headed to the track.

I'm not gonna lie. It FELT AMAZING. To run fast enough that I could feel the wind pushing my hair back. On my toes, running light and wild.

"Nita, I just try to get 2 steps in front of you...." And he takes OFF before the starting line. As I catch up I giggle "OK, theres you two steps..." And off I go like he expects me too.
Yes, we both couldn't talk when we finished but within seconds we both giggled over randomness.

But like any good ending I love the last lap of two. We are in a conversational pace. We are wrapping up of session of torture with a few good words and ideas. This is my favorite.
But I cant remember half of his quirky comments and I cant run with a pen!

RUNDOWN:
GAC: TM/ track
Distance: 7.25
Average pace: 8:25

"The wonderful thing about the game of life is winning and losing are only temporary, UNLESS you QUIT."


Which quote, thought or idea caught you?

ANITA~

No comments:

Post a Comment