"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Sunday, February 12, 2017

Waiting for the Sunshine.

The Weather Bug said the SUN would be out by 1pm.

I picked Lacey up for our Sunday Runday at 12:30. I couldn't see any place that the sun looked like she might pop out.
Honestly, it was hard to see anything with the drizzle spitting at us as we ran through downtown Holly.
It was another dreary day in Michigan.

I wasn't giving up hope quite yet.

Lacey and I have major problems running the same route over and over. I don't think we have to worry too much about a bad guy knowing our route, most of the time we don't even know our own route!

We decided to run to Seven Lakes State Park and get the majority of our 15 miles on the road. The very hilly road.

Somewhere at mile 9, Lacey says "Sooo, where is that SUNSHINE you said we were getting...."

I still saw no glimpses of the bright yellow ball that brings such happiness and joy to my heart.
I saw gray skies, dark blue in some corners with more snotty rain.

BUT ONE thing I DIDN'T see..Was The WIND! We made just the right turn when this gust of wind just about pummeled both of our pipsqueak frames.

It quickly emptied my tank. I dropped my head to keep my hat from flying off and grunted in discouragement.

The rest of our run was trying to find a way back home with the least resistance.
The park had left us damaged goods.

Our main goal, other than finishing our long, was to maintain a very steady pace, as close to 9min/mi as we could.
Lacey had already reminded me to slow down multiple times. But on the backside of our run I was no longer pushing the pace.

RUNDOWN:
Distance:15.1
Pace:8.50
  1. 8:57
  2. 8:48
  3. 8:36
  4. 8:57
  5. 8:57
  6. 8:55
  7. 8:54
  8. 8:45
  9. 8:47
  10. 8:55
  11. 8:45
  12. 8:54
  13. 8:58
  14. 8:45
  15. 8:41
Misc: I stole Andys brand new water bottle I bought him for Christmas. For nutrition we shared a bag Sport Beans. We had the unexpected surprise of chewing on a very old pack. They tasted toxic. I was able to keep the first 3 down. The following break for nutrition did not go so good. The smooshed beans sat in my mouth for almost 2 miles. I tried to drink the bean down but it rested in the roof of my mouth until I couldn't stomach it any longer. I spit it out with great pleasure. It was a better alternative to run fatigued then to run wanting to barf.
Stale Sports Beans make one ugly faced!

The SUN...showed up as we hit our Garmins to FINISH RUN!


My thoughts...
I think when I shouldn't.
When I should think I don't.
I think about things I shouldn't.
And the very things I should be thinking about I don't.

Let even Church Day be no different. Today, I could feel myself hiding behind the darkness. I was literally hidden from the light. From running in the shadows of dark skies to moving through my day in the shadows of sadness, it was all the same.
One of those days, people words beat me up the wind on my run. It hurts. No matter what direction you run you know those words, so powerful are just waiting to push you back, push you harder in the shadows of sadness.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Phil 4:8

I had to find my own Sunshine. That meant I had to change chapters in my heart. I had to think on things that were KIND, JUST, Of Good REPORE... I had to remind myself I AM NOT who you may think I am. I am WHO HE sees me.
That is broken.
Imperfect.
But still, Fearfully and Wonderfully Made...

Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment