"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Rest.

NO RUN DAY today.

For weeks, I have been coughed on and breathed all over. My clients have come into my work sick, co workers have been sick, it was just a matter of time that I was going to get it.
Woman will not miss a hair appointment to matter how sick they are. And they all have the same line "OH, its just a head cold, I'm not contagious."

By 3pm yesterday, I had sneezed more times than I have fingers and my nose was sore from blowing it a gazillion times.

I still had to work till 5:30 and Austin had a basketball game at Kearsley High School.

I got home with enough time to make a Valentines sign for Austin. But I was going down fast.
I was not going to miss Austins Game. No way.

The game had started early, I missed the first 3 minutes.
There was no energy to even be disappointed. The chills started. My belly was raging with deep stabbing pains.
AND yet, there is no place I would rather be then in the bleachers watching Boy Wonder.
I mustered a smile for Austin..But I was going down.

I canceled on  Jeff when I got home. I knew I was getting worse.

And I did.

I didn't crawl out of bed until after 1pm. I laid in a pile of drool and sweaty sheets. GROSS.
I drug my body to the tub with some Epson Salt then headed to the tea kettle.

No matter how sick a mom is, things have got to get down. I stripped the sheets waiting for my bath to fill and whined at the thought I couldn't run.

I honestly thought after a cup of green tea and a bath I would feel like a run.
But I didn't.

It was a day of rest.
The word got out that I was sick.
I was very blessed by all the calls and text messages I  received. Thank YOU everyone.

"TYLER" was one of my favorites. I was his coach for XC. He still checks in with me every once in a while.
He made my day. Such a great kid.

SOO, Gonna head to bed early, prayerfully. Hoping to see Kris and Rachel tomorrow on the trails! I love my girls!

OH yeah....
So. I have had a tough week. Emotionally a complete catastrophe. There is a lot to be said about being sad. This sadness that came over me from an ongoing situation that is out of my control took a toll on me.
It was another reminder how important it is to not stay in the "Pit" too long.
A dear friend of mine gave me these scriptures:
"Peace I leave you: my peace I give you. I do not give you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

I am so blessed by a great crew of love and support. I was still today. Home to recover both physically and emotionally. I was right where God wanted me to be.


Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment