"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, February 2, 2017

The crazy girl cries!


This past Saturday, I was driving into work. Like most mornings, I was chipper and ready to knock the day out behind the chair making my clients look beautiful and feel amazing.
The sun was shining and all was well.
BUT THEN...I had this ridiculous thought...
I had been having soo many back to back good days. Life wasn't perfect but I spent most of them giddy and goofy.
"HMM...I haven't cried in weeks." I racked my brain to think of the last time I had a tear shed. I couldn't remember. Not the tears I shed at church, or during a sad story, the crazy emotional tears.
I couldn't remember.

I think I jinxed myself. I was crying just 2 hours later. I have now cried this week multiple times.

Today, we came out of the trail and BOOM! Tears streamed down my eyes. Then I got angry, more tears came. Kris wrapped her arms around me in prayer and I cried MORE.

MAKE IT STOP.

Let me say this.
Yes, I am a little bit crazy.
Yes, I am a little bit emotional.
Yes, I am a little bit of a hot mess.

Maybe I am PMS-ing.
Maybe I didn't have enough chocolate for the week.
Maybe I am going through a midlife emotional rollercoaster.
Hormones?
Heartache?
I need a HUG?
WHO KNOWS!

Good luck trying to figure out my irrational mood swings.
Sometimes a girl just needs a good cry, or two, or three...
One of my favorite songs...Janis Joplin CRY BABY.  Janis can really stir up a girls spontaneous tears. It is the perfect invitation to a good Ole Fashion SOB FEST! You don't need any reason to cry, her songs bring out your tortured passion. Welcoming it. Embracing it. She brings out my alter egos. Anita, the secret hippie chick.

 AND Just like that. I wipe my tears, I breathe, and I jump in the fluffy snow to make a snow angel.
Time to build a bridge and get over it.


Rundown.
Distance: 10.6
Kris, Rachel and I were trudging through the trails. I was wearing my Kahtoolas, kicking up snow. Although these offered security running, I was whipped and winded. The fresh snow was putting me in the hurt locker. The trails were beautiful. A fresh snow capped the limbs and rested gently across the woods. But don't confuse her beauty with innocence.
The trees were howling, whistling and squeaking. We jumped, looked around waiting for a tree to topple on us and ran a little faster.

SNOW ANGELS MAKE YOU SMILE!



Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment