"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, January 30, 2017

New Eyes

"With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts."
Eleanor Roosevelt

A new day, a new start, a new beginning and New Eyes to look unto my day.

I LOVE new Beginnings. Even for a Monday I was ready to dance. I was smiling, I was excited to move on and move forward.

I was so excited I totally forgot to eat breakfast AGAIN before my run.

I sent out a text to Danielle last Wednesday to see if she might want to join me for a run out at Kensington.
She responded with exclamation marks and smiley faces.
Bruno Rd Barn

We were meeting at 8:25.
AIRHEAD ANITA move #654
My driving went on autopilot. I should have gotten on Hickory Ridge Rd. But I didn't. I was smiling all the way to Fenton. I do not remember driving to Tim Hortons! True Story. I sat in the parking lot confused and wanting coffee! I had to backtrack 8 miles. I was still smiling, I LOVE TIM HORTON'S coffee and it really showed this morning!

I actually arrived at 8:35.
It was so nice to see Danielle. My calves were still sore from yesterdays run. I was hoping they would loosen up once we started.
The first couple miles we ran moderate. But then I don't know what happened. The more we chatted the faster we got. By mile 5, I was not so chatty. The hills were kicking my butt. Danielle was pummeling through them. I was out of breath, and could hear my heavy breathing. I thought to myself "This is training you big baby, suck it up."
That didn't make the pain go away. But for a brief second it did take the edge off.
My right calf kept tightening up on me. I have NO idea why. Then it went into my booty. Then my hamstring started hurting.
"Crap, this is training, run you big baby."
I looked at Danielle, the BACK of Danielle and stayed close.
It is such a LOVE/HATE relationship. You love the pain, because it is progress, But you hate the pain because it HURTS.
My fingertips were frozen but my legs were still moving. That last mile my legs joined my fingers, they were numb. Numb from fatigue not the cold.
We discussed walking up the last incline to Farmstead, where we parked. But nope, we didn't even slow down, we sped UP running in the last mile at a 8:25min/mi.
This goat was getting friendly with Danielle and I.

RUNDOWN:
Distance: 9 miles
Pace: 8:44/mi
I was shocked with our pace considering we took 3- 20second walk breaks to stretch my stupid calves out.
This evening I will stretch, roll, a jillion crunches, planks  and some squats.

DIET:
Other than forgetting breakfast,  I did eat well from that point.
Breakfast: 1/2 a bran muffin Tim Hortons, I went back on my way home.
Lunch: smoked salmon, cheese and pears
Dinner: Pulled pork, banana bread with fresh fruit.
( I put my apron on this afternoon. I boiled a dozen eggs. I made Banana bread, Pulled pork, and a Quiche.) Meal prepping for a busy week.

Tea Time: Stash Lemon Ginger, with honey.


MUSIC:
I love MUSIC, This weeks running downloads:

I wish I could claim the idea of "New Eyes". But I stole it from a friend. Sometimes it is the simplest mantra that has the most impact.
Its changing your paradigm of thinking, but it has to start with being willing to look at things differently. It doesn't dismiss the circumstances, it just gives you a different outlook on them and who you are in the midst of life.

Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment