"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Monday, January 23, 2017

Mud Boggin

The trails this morning were a thick slippery sludge of a mess. It was a so much fun.
I found myself giggling every time I slipped or tripped. I even squealed when I found myself on all fours in the mud. I have no idea how I even ended up staring into the mud, but I did and it was funny. I bounced up quick, I accessed my body and thanked the mud for softening my fall.  The mud was splashing and sticking to the bottoms of our shoes.

We ran the Wilderness trail 2 times. The moisture in the air was heavy. Rain started trickling in. My pony tail by the end of the 2nd loop was a massive rats nest. My hair had swollen 5 times its size bulging out of the pony tail holder.
My gloves were soaking wet and my hat was useless. The brim on my hat was messing with my vision of the trail.  So when we finished the second loop I ditched my hat and my sopping wet gloves.

I had about 12 miles in from that point. In between loops we came back to our vehicles. This added more mileage.

Then we headed over to the Lakeshore Loop for another 2.5 miles. This is my favorite loop.
The mud around the lake was not as deep or sloppy. It was still slick but more of a clay texture.
Every time I run this loop I see something new. Unfortunately, I put my phone in my truck with concern the drizzle and moisture would hurt it. The snow had all melted leaving almost everything brown. Bright green, almost neon moss glowed on the logs. The contrast in color was stunning.
But you will have to take my word for it, because I have no pics!

RUNDOWN;
Distance: 14.5ish..I forgot to start my Garmin when we started. Then I forgot to unpause it when we hit one of the loops. AIRHEAD. 

A great run and a better recovery snack. Normally, I will enjoy a apple, peppers or a clementine. But this afternoon, I enjoyed a Truffle. Dark chocolate. Just talking about it makes me want another.

Enjoy the little things when you finish doing the Big things.
Anita~

No comments:

Post a Comment