"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

The most Valuble Gifts.

The last thing I should be doing right now is blogging. I just want to relax my brain. I am totally exhausted, and yet there are a half dozen things that are calling my attention.
Andy is making me cut his hair, I need to make Debbie Cottrels coconut balls, wrapping, mop the floors AGAIN, fold a load of laundry..
Oh! The list goes on and on...
We are having Christmas eve at my house and we have 25 people celebrating with us. Andy tore the lower level up, I am slightly freaking out on how to decorate.

"Anita, you are running tomorrow, with all the stuff you have to do?" Andy yelled very concerned.
"YEP!" I replied.

When I get this stressed, it only makes it worse if I don't get to run.

I was doing abs with Jeff at the gym this morning at 8am. He makes me smile just seeing him walk in my direction. I can hardly do these crazy ab exercises he has me do without laughing. He can not do anything conventional. So most of the things I do with him I laugh all the way through.
In between a set of hanging leg raises I see Jeff behind me doing push ups.
"What the HECK Jeff, I have to do push ups too? Can I do them girly style??"
Jeff smiled, then laughed "Nitagirl, I have seen you hit that bag, you can do them the right way."
He wasn't cutting me any slack.

I wanted to run with Jeff but we were running different programs. So we decided to hit the treadmill.
We were running side by side on treadmill, he was running 4 miles and due to time I was going to try and get at least 5 miles in.
We chatted it up. He could be my father. Andy always says I have "Daddy Issues". I wonder sometimes if he isn't right. I really respect and enjoy listening to Jeff. He is quirky. One of my favorite qualities in a person.
He inspires me to try harder, work harder and he really believes I can do more. He is a numbers guy. He spouts off numbers and my head begins to spin.
He was running pretty fast and without missing a beat went on a 10 minute rant on how I should try to breath on my left foot. Unless I exhale on my right foot...
I was laughing. "REALLY Jeff? You honestly think I know which foot I breath on? I am just happy I am breathing!"
He tried to teach me how to do it...I just shook my head and shared my best listening skills.
"NO, Really Nita, its really easy..."
Hitting my treadmill to go a little faster, I responded "Never going to happen Jeff, Never!"

This was the best part of my day. Mindless running, no stress, no deadlines, no traffic, no use of money, no lines and plenty of laughter.

The Gift of Friendships.
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17
Yesterday was my birthday and I was reminded how many friendships I have. I worked all day. The girls at work spoiled me with gifts, balloons, lunch and lots of laughter.
The greatest gifts were and are the gifts of friendships.
I checked my phone in the afternoon and had 36 text messages, phones calls and voicemails. I was overwhelmed with love.
43 years old and I have ruffled a few feathers, made a few enemies but never burnt any bridges. I never did any of this intentional. Most people who treat you like they don't care about you, really don't, and YOU are the one that needs to quit fighting for their love and approval.
And when you see ALL those people who love you, think about you, take the time to bless you, that is when you really learn to let the others go.
Learning to embrace those who do value you, who genuinely do love you and not letting the couple haters out there steal your joy is what it is all about.
Embrace your most valuable gifts, the gifts of Friendships.

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment