"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, December 29, 2016

Christmans running gifts...one small problem.


Christmas this year held a couple surprises.

The first surprise was the Kahtoola micro spikes Andy got me.
Ken and Matt are always talking about theirs. I just run in their shadows trying to hang with the big dogs. I am such a sidekick. They keep asking me when I am getting these spike for trail running in the winter. Andy found a FB thread where I was chatting with someone about not being able to run on the trails because I didn't have the proper spikes. His sleuthing discovered I wanted these Kahtoolas. When I opened the box I was shocked. I also was scared, because I have no more excuses for not running on the trails other than being a big baby.
Andy bought me a new winter Nike thermal running shirt. It is always nice to get new thermal clothing. Winter clothing only lasts about 2 seasons, once they begin to get stinky it is really hard to get the funk out.
And the headband, the coolest thing ever! That was a gift from Kris. She got matching ones for Rachel, her and I.

But yes, there is another gift I have not mentioned. I have not mentioned it to anyone until today. This morning I met Kris and Ken out at Holly Rec to run the trails. We were all talking about our race schedules for next year. It was the perfect segue.
"So Andy got me another surprise Ultra gift...."

Greenback, TN.
Firewater Ultra
10/21/17

One small problem. I already told Kris we would do out first 100M next year. We both looked and investigated times, races, terrains and our schedules. I really wanted Ken and Matt to be out there too, but they have their own race schedules. If I have them to help train me that is most important.

The two ultras Kris and I were looking at were:

And Firewater falls RIGHT SMACK in the middle of the two.
I have a problem.
And I only have 2 days to figure it out. That is when the registration prices increase.

So if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great! Pray that I have favor with the race director when I email them!

Amish Banana Bread with glaze.
2c. flour
1c. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup. butter
3 bananas mashed

Sift flour. Measure and sift with backing powder, soda and salt.
Cream butter. Add sugar gradually. Add eggs one at a time. Beat thoroughly, then add mashed bananas; blend well. Stir in dry ingredients. Pour into greased bread pan.
Bake at 350' for 60 minutes or until center is completely done.

Alec asked me to glaze the bread.

1 tablespoon melted butter, dash salt, 1/4 tsp vanilla 1 tablespoon milk and 1 cup powdered sugar
Mix, add more butter or sugar to get a thick but runny consistency. I really don't measure it, I am guessing on these measurement.

I also make mini loaves. Alec was grabbing them before I had the glaze on them all.
"Mom, this is my favorite dessert!"

My heart was full.

RUNDOWN:
Distance:10.01
Time: 1:46
Pace: 10:27
We planned to run the trails, only the trails were a sheet of lumpy ice. We bailed when we reached the McGinnis Rd. From that point we ran the backroads with a crazy amount of elevation. The hills came one after another.
Max Gain 840ft.
Max Elevation 1,115ft.

Anita~




No comments:

Post a Comment