"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Thursday, May 21, 2015

My goals for Bayshore.

God gives us dreams a size too big so that we can grow in them. ~Author Unknown

16 weeks ago I made goal. To run another Bayshore Marathon. This will be my 10th marathon and my second Bayshore.

I have always been a goal setter. I like beginnings and endings. I love to see progress. I enjoy the commitment and dedication. Its seeing how far you have come. Its looking at the obstacles that you have overcome. It is failing and getting backup, and trying gain. Some of my greatest failures have only inspired me to greater things.

Well, it has been 14 weeks of training, now coming to an end. I love the running, not so much the track work, intervals, the constant knowledge of pace and distance or the poor sleeping.

2 days LEFT! Saturday Morning. Ugh,I think I just threw up in my mouth. NERVES.

I am coming out with IT!
Here is the reason my stomach  has butterflies in it. Its my GOALS I have for my time.

My PR is 3:28:10. That was GLORIOUS!
2015 Bayshore Marathon Goals
1. 3:35
2. 3:40
3. 3:45

Last year, after I ran Boston I got injured. I was still coaching CC and over did it. This cost me most of my summer. I had to put away the running shoes for bike pedals. I was able to run the CRIM and even by the Grace of God able to run Detroit Freep Marathon. I even managed a half marathon in October. It was not pretty, but I was grateful. My spring and summer consisted of tears running down my face more than my legs.

Bayshore will be my first major race that I will be pushing myself to the end of myself.

Sharing my last year with you has a purpose. I am encouraging you to take a leap of FAITH and set a GOAL.
Dedication, hard work, set backs, pain, overcoming, commitment, VICTORY.

Share your Goal with ME. Let me encourage you along the way!

Anita


No comments:

Post a Comment