"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, Who is in you, Whom you have received from God? ... So use every part of your body to give glory back to God..." 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

How Do You use Your Power?

There is POWER in a Smile.
There is POWER in your Words.
There is POWER in Touch.

 "Death and life are in the power of the tongue.." Psalms 18:21
As each person stepped out of their car, I could see a smile. Some had a nervous smile, while others had a shy smile or a excited smile. We organized a "Fun Run before the Gun.".  I love catchy names. (We are all in a running club that was birthed from the school our kids attend.)
We all are running Bayshore this weekend. Some of us are running the marathon and some of us are running the half marathon but we are all running.

We did an easy 2 miler, then followed it up with a fun breakfast at a local café. I asked every one to bring 8-10 things to create a  Bayshore Goody Bag.

The day went off perfect.
It was a great recovery to a really bad morning. Really bad.

We all have The Power to change someone's moment, day, outlook, or thoughts.
We gathered around one another, in so many ways different from each other. And in 1 way the same: We are all running the same race.

I listened, I heard them encouraging one another. Inquiring, listening laughing, speaking LIFE into one another.
Edifying one another.


"Mary Ann" looked at me with these beautiful blue eyes. "..I would like to do a 3:58...."
I get so excited to inquire about her training. As I listen, I get more excited to speak confidence into her. To teach her to believe in her training, to teach her she has to now train her mind, follow through with her mind and her legs will listen.

Claudia and her French accent. She is so deep. We discussed her last run. "Claudia, get in your own head, no music, nothing but your own thoughts. Meditation Run. Strategize, organize, and prepare your thoughts for the race." Its not the words I say, it is the way she looks at me, she is listening, really listening.
It is at that point I quickly review my words.
If everyone listened to my words, was I Encouraging? Edifying? Loving?

Could my words actually make a difference?

It was at that place that I looked at each person sitting around me and thought of how they have made a difference in my life.
Sometimes it has nothing to do with words at all. It is a hug, a glowing smile, it is ears that listen. It is time, a gift, or even something as simple as eye contact.

YOU have lots of material to practice this POWER. Everyday we encounter people. We have family,friends, coworkers, neighbors, and numerous random people.
Make THAT difference.
Speak Life into people and I promise you will feel a life fulfilled.

I have gotten so many text messages form the group on how much fun they had. We gave gifts, hugs, laughs and encouragement. I watched each one receiving as much as they gave.

I was beyond spoiled, Overwhelmed and highly blessed.

3 DAYS UNTIL BAYSHORE MARATHON!!!!
Anita

No comments:

Post a Comment